Calling all real estate agents

12 Replies

Hello BP,

I’m a real estate agent and I have been one for about 3-4 ish months. I haven’t had my first deal yet. I’m struggling to work with my SOI since they are the same age as me (20) they aren’t looking for homes now. I’m struggling to get that first deal under my belt. I feel like I’m putting a lot of time and effort into everything I’m doing, but it still doesn’t feel like it’s enough because it’s not producing results. If anyone has any advice I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you everyone in advance,

@Andrew McManamon

It can take 8-9 months to land your first deal, are you full time? Are you time blocking throughout the day 

Originally posted by @Steve Bracero :

@Andrew McManamon

It can take 8-9 months to land your first deal, are you full time? Are you time blocking throughout the day 

Steve, I am part time technically as I go to school full time and work another job part time. Time management is still a hardship

@Andrew McManamon

Tough but not impossible schedule! 

I know you are active on social, and you already have your sphere- what other forms of lead gen are you doing?

@Andrew McManamon I was part-time for the first couple years and I only closed 2 properties in my first 12 months as an agent then 20 the next, 35 the year after and so on. It takes time to get that first one they eventually they will build off each other and you will learn what actions are the best to do gain clients versus not. 

I have a wild idea for you that worked for me but call some FSBO's and offer them a huge discount on commission or list their house for no listing agent commission if they agree to use you to buy their next home where you will make a full 3% commission. It sounds like its more about experience building than money currently so if you have the time I would give this a try. I did it all the time and it helped me grow my business into a self-sustaining team. For example, I called one FSBO a couple years ago and offered to sell their house for 1% LA commission and 3% buyers agent. I sold the house at the open house and got both sides. The buyer needed to sell his condo which he let me list for the full commission. At the open house, I met another gentleman that needed to sell and I sold his house and be bought another house using me. The original buyer at the open house just referred me to 2 more clients this last month and I have sold their houses already. The other gentleman I met at the open house just referred me to yet another client that needs to sell and buy. One phone call to a FSBO giving them a discount to gain the listing which gains exposures let to over $40K in commissions and growing from referrals after the fact. You don't have to discount yourself all the time but in a market with 3X more realtors than active listings you have to compete somehow.

Make yourself an expert on real estate imvestment, then post 2,000 high quality posts on these forums and you eill have more business than you can handle.

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353) and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)

Originally posted by @Russell Brazil :

Make yourself an expert on real estate imvestment, then post 2,000 high quality posts on these forums and you eill have more business than you can handle.

russell, that's very interesting. Target investors to help provide value and you will have clients for life. that's great!

Originally posted by @Steve Bracero :

@Andrew McManamon

Tough but not impossible schedule! 

I know you are active on social, and you already have your sphere- what other forms of lead gen are you doing?

I call FSBO's, My broker provides access to leads from a company. The leads are always presented when i'm sleeping then they expire in 5 minutes, so I never get them.. Convenient right? Open houses if i can ever get them. I want to specialize in open houses because I believe my ideas are ahead of many agents, especially in my area.

Hey Andrew, 

I'm 19. Last week I closed my first solo deal, exactly 6 months from the day I got my license. 

Although very uncomfortable for me, I leveraged my friends for their parents who owned homes (especially the ones I've already met). 

Dillon Hall, Real Estate Agent in California (#02038786)

Originally posted by @Russell Brazil :

Fantastic advise! Any good sites and links to study more on real estate investment?

Originally posted by @Marvin Ong :
Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

Fantastic advise! Any good sites and links to study more on real estate investment?

Read anything and everything by Michael Mayer, Pat Hibban, Brian Buffini, and Tom Ferry and you should be good. 

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353) and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.