Real estate express online course

9 Replies

Originally posted by @Tierra Petersen :

Does anyone have any experience with using the online real estate course, Real Estate Express? Or do you have a real estate school your recommend?

Thanks!

-Tierra

Tierra,

I used REE and found the course to be very helpful in learning the basics, vocab and math.  However, the chapter quizzes and course test were not inline with the state test.  It wasn't too far off but the test is very situational and not black and white as I found REE quizzes and tests to be.  It was a great foundation but I ended up supplementing my REE classes with prepagent.com.  I found that the wording and tests were very similar to the state test and I found it to be more engaging and not as dry.

Hope the feedback helps.  Good luck on your pursuit and let me know if I can help answer any other questions. 

@Tierra Petersen I, too, successfully used Real Estate Express. It was dry material, but I found it quite well formatted to come and go from.  I believe I took the coursework over about 45 days and then prepped for the exam for another week or two.  I'm in FL and bought a pre-licensing and exam prep package.  The exam prep was literally about 1500 questions sectioned into 50 and 100 question practice exams.  I went through those practice exams several times, going back to the coursework to study the parts I was unsure of until I felt confident on it all.  I passed the exam on the first try, and as such, I have no idea if that was a 75% pass or 100% pass, they only share percentage if you don't pass :).  If I did it again I might explore other exam prep options, but for coursework I think REE was great. The exam prep worked, but it was even dryer than the coursework being 1500 exam questions only.  Good luck!!

@Tierra Petersen I purchased the course a week ago. I find it to be a bit wordy. I rather just stick to the main points. I took another course for licensure in a different state and it taught me how to pass the test, not every single detail about real estate. I prefer test material only. I have asked for a refund (7 day policy) and I am now waiting for a call or email about it. The website is easy to navigate and well designed.

Thanks, thats what Im looking for, for now, is just the main stuff to pass the test. Which I dont know exactly what that will be. Some people mentioned needing supplemental courses or materials. Im bot sure why or in what form. Extra knowledge will of course be useful, but I dont want to cram unnecessarily. 

Originally posted by @Tierra Petersen :

Does anyone have any experience with using the online real estate course, Real Estate Express? Or do you have a real estate school your recommend?

Thanks!

-Tierra

Hello Tierra,

I used RE Express and it did the trick. This was my first time taking any online course and I found it to be pretty easy to follow. The material is dull but it goes along with the requirements for the New York State exam so that was understandable.

The quizzes and test prep material was enough for me - I passed the state exam on my first try.

The course was less than $200 (with a groupon) so I'm sure the pricier options have higher quality test prep material.

@Tierra Petersen

Good evening Tierra. As others mentioned REE is indeed word heavy and dull. I’m using https://www.carealtytraining.com/real-estate-license-career-options/ and have been supplementing with Prepagents free YouTube videos.

I'd recommend going with Prep agent. That said, Redfin has a school they are affiliated with that offers a 7 day free trail. It was more engaging than REE. Here's the link to it: https://www.theceshop.com/

As long as you stay motivated I’m sure any of these will get you your license!