User Stats

Votes
Remaz Gaffar
Votes |
Starting a new chapter

Remaz Gaffar
Posted Feb 21 2020, 04:20

Greetings All,

I currently work in senior management in the corporate world and I just passed my RE exam. I did my fingerprints and I am waiting for them to come back before I apply. I had a few questions if anyone would be willing to help me. 

- I am strongly considering Coldwell Banker. I feel like they have what I am looking for in terms of my long term goals. I would like to eventually specialize in transactions for foreign investors as well as 1031 exchanges. Does anybody have any input about them as a broker for a new agent who is ready and willing to learn and excel? 

-For my RE application, I can apply as a business with an EIN number right? LLC or S corp? I am hearing conflicting opinions.

-What types of tools are out there that give step by step instructions for new agents. I am sure I will learn a lot from my broker when I choose the right one but in the meantime I really want to dive in and get all my ducks in a row, but I am having trouble finding that information. There is so much information out there (in the forms of books, podcasts, youtube, internet in general) so I wasn't sure if anyone could recommend somewhere online that had it all localized in one spot. Everything I find is more geared towards after you are working your first deal but I am looking for the steps I need to take in order to get prepared for my first deal. (I hope that makes sense) 

-I am in Virginia. I work in DC so I really want to get my DC license and possibly MD. Would you recommend getting it right away or waiting until after a year of actively working as a RE agent in VA first?

-Any advice for a new agent? Anything you wish you had done or you are glad you did within your first 90 days.

Thank you all in advance so much! Everyone is so inspiring and I am so honored to be in your company.  I am a big fan of the forums and I have been lurking for years not really feeling I had the right to post or ask any questions. But now that I got my real estate license I am looking forward to interacting more and learning more with you. :)

**Please feel free to add me as a connect. I would like to build by bigger pockets network 

Have a great weekend! 

Remaz ...not Remax :)

Loading replies...