Anyone have Experience as an agent with eXp Realty in MA?

10 Replies

I have noticed what appears to be a lot of agent switching over to them. Wondering if anyone has any experience as agent working for them. Any pros/cons? Interested in what the number end up being with the fees on a median home sale. I'm expecting very little in terms of support which I don't think will be an issue. I am a part-time agent so i'm never in the office or attend classes as they are typically during the day when i'm at my full time job. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

@Richard Biagini

Hey! I'm glad you're taking a look into the eXp model. I'm my opinion eXp is perfect for part time agents. The virtual office makes it very convenient for me to get things done on the go whenever I have free time. Also eXp treats every agent like an independent business owner so it definitely won't feel like an overbearing job!! Hope I can offer some value!

Originally posted by @Richard Biagini :

I have noticed what appears to be a lot of agent switching over to them. Wondering if anyone has any experience as agent working for them. Any pros/cons? Interested in what the number end up being with the fees on a median home sale. I'm expecting very little in terms of support which I don't think will be an issue. I am a part-time agent so i'm never in the office or attend classes as they are typically during the day when i'm at my full time job. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

I'm making the switch in 2 weeks....  it's the best model out there for sure.

@Richard Biagini I practiced in Mass before moving to Maine in December 2019.  When I made the move, I also changed brokerages.
Initially, I signed on with KW, but was absolutely ghosted.  Zero - and I mean *zero* support.  I couldn't get calls, texts or emails returned, even when writing an offer for my own property.

I interviewed with several brokerages here and settled on EXP. 

I was pitched twice before on them and had a very strong negative opinion because those pitches were ham-handed and focused solely on the "recruit your way to wealth".

I decided to give them an objective look, ignoring the recruiting bit and found that I just made more money with EXP than any of the others.  Very good split, low fees and lots of support - it was the winning formula for me.
I've been with EXP for 6 months now and still think it was the right decision. 

PM me if you have any questions.

@Charlie MacPherson

Thanks for the input. I was also looking at KW. When I originally took my real estate class it was at a KW office and it seemed like a nice atmosphere. Actually about to start to read one of Gary Keller's books. Heard it was a lot of rah rah though. Sorry you had that terrible experience with them :(

What’s important to me being a part time agent is not being required to be at a physical office, good split, simple administrative process during closing and a quick turnaround on commission payment 😂. Sounds like eXp would be a good fit. One concern is also brand recognition. Currently with C21 and as a young agent I think the branding does help somewhat.

Originally posted by @Richard Biagini :

I have noticed what appears to be a lot of agent switching over to them. Wondering if anyone has any experience as agent working for them. Any pros/cons? Interested in what the number end up being with the fees on a median home sale. I'm expecting very little in terms of support which I don't think will be an issue. I am a part-time agent so i'm never in the office or attend classes as they are typically during the day when i'm at my full time job. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I replied from my phone, but I don't see it here now. 

I've been with eXp for a little over 2 years. My experience has been fantastic. I have no complaints. I've only browsed your posts so I'm not attempting to answer all your questions in my reply. 

Yes, I think eXp is good for part-time agents. There is a LOT of support if you want to take advantage of it. From management/administration, state brokers, and agents. I've never worked anywhere in real estate or outside of real estate where I've experience so much support and camaraderie as I have at eXp.

If you are a brand new agent you will be required to have a mentor. This is not the same as your broker or your sponsor. A mentor will guide you through the process of handling a transaction, contracts, negotiation and advise you along the way. There is a fee for this as a percentage of your commission, but I think there are at least two choices of programs so I'm not exactly sure what it entails at this time. I will say that I've known some people to take the mentor assigned to them and others who have interviewed different mentors before choosing. Interviewing for a mentor who has specific knowledge you are seeking might be a good idea.

There are many hours of live classes in the cloud each week. Some, but not all, are recorded for later viewing as well. The split is 80/20, unless it's a personal deal. If you're buying or selling your own property you keep 100% of the commission, minus transaction fees, up to 3 properties each year.

If you have more questions or would like to check out the live classes in eXp World send me a private message and I'll setup an account for you.