Columbus OH - Curb offer only?

17 Replies

I was looking at duplexes for sale in Columbus OH this morning and saw 2 that said CURB OFFERS ONLY. What is this? Is this a Columbus only thing? This is the first time I’ve ever seen this added to listings.

Originally posted by @Mariah Petzoldt :

I was looking at duplexes for sale in Columbus OH this morning and saw 2 that said CURB OFFERS ONLY. What is this? Is this a Columbus only thing? This is the first time I’ve ever seen this added to listings.

- This is typically an investor term, meaning. Their are tenants inside, instead of bugging them with a bunch of showings, make a "curb offer" based on the financials and stated material.

- Less likely in a "buying a first home" deal.

@Steven Wilson

Thank you! That’s what I figured. I understand why they would do that. It seems hard to judge renovation costs from the ad and the curb though to make any numbers work.

Agreed. I usually ask for a list of things that need addressed, does it need some paint or will it need new bathroom and kitchen.

The idea is to get a good rough number idea. Though there is usually a walkthrough and inspection period where you can verify that the info the seller gave you is accurate.

Exactly what Steven said. It pretty much just narrows down the people who are serious about making offers and limits disturbances for the tenants. Anytype of contingency can be written in the contract as far as viewing the property. @Mariah Petzoldt

@Steven Wilson

You can ask the seller for a list of things to be addressed upfront? That is helpful! I’ve never heard of that. Good to know. Thanks!

Of course, the seller does not want their time wasted just like you don't want yours wasted. So ask them what they expect repairs to be. 

Curb offers means we will need to have an accepted contract before we can check out the property. Typically you include an inspection period in the contract and terminate if the property does not meet your expectations.

Lots of those in Columbus, Ohio

This is coming from the fact that Columbus is full of prostitutes and the old-school prostitutes prefer “curb offers only” instead of texting like the younger ones prefer.

Originally posted by @Michael P. :

This is coming from the fact that Columbus is full of prostitutes and the old-school prostitutes prefer “curb offers only” instead of texting like the younger ones prefer.

You have been hanging out in Franklinton too much

Originally posted by @Remington Lyman :
Originally posted by @Michael P.:

Where else can I find a thursday night 2-for-1 special at those prices

Originally posted by @Brandon Goldsmith :

Exactly what Steven said. It pretty much just narrows down the people who are serious about making offers and limits disturbances for the tenants. Anytype of contingency can be written in the contract as far as viewing the property. @Mariah Petzoldt

@Brandon Goldsmith
Hi Brandon, What type of contingency do you usually put for properties that are "curb offer only" to protect your buyers?

Thank you, Cuong Nguyen

Originally posted by @Michael P. :
Originally posted by @Remington Lyman:
Originally posted by @Michael P.:

Where else can I find a thursday night 2-for-1 special at those prices

Anywhere in Toledo