Votes
Andy Mallos
  • Bremerton, WA
Votes |
Becoming FT Agent - pros/cons

Andy Mallos
  • Bremerton, WA
Posted May 19 2013, 11:24

I've been researching a career change to FT RE agent. I'm great at sales (I've started a company - was profitable, in big box retailers and sold it off), I'm now self-employed (yuck - but I do have some control), and I do well. But...I see my main source of income for my current self-employment going away in the next 2-3 years. I'm looking ahead and making a move. I'm a "top producer" in my current industry (according to IRS reportings only 2% of businesses in my sector report income at my level - I'm in a very difficult industry). I'm required to find work and then make sales, I already work insane hours - problem is, I can only make so much money doing what I'm doing due to it's structure (another issue).

1. I can schedule my current clients in the early afternoon or evenings (I have flexibility) - is it possible to keep some of them and start as a RE agent? Or, would it be better to jump in and go FT? (I have savings - I'd just rather buy investment properties with that)

2. I hustle, love cold calling, meeting ppl, reading and learning - How realistic is it to make $50,000/year selling RE FT? How long would this take?

3. What words of advice do you have for someone like me to get started fast and successfully? My goal is to initially replace my current income. Next goal, exceed it. Is this realistic? I want some hard truths here - please don't hold back. I've got a thick skin.

Thanks for your help.

Loading replies...