Any public sites for accurate sold data?

8 Replies

I am a licensed real estate agent in Louisiana, but primarily I am a real estate investor focusing on property tax sales. I use the mls to pull comps to study property values for areas where I bid in Louisiana.

I plan on bidding on tax sale properties in other states but don't know how I would go about getting sold data for those areas. Is there any public sites that have accurate sold data that I could use? I've always used the MLS so never had a reason to look for anything else.

I am looking in particular in Iowa and Colorado. I hate to ask another agent to pull comps, it could be 3-4 years before I could end up with a property to sell and there is no guarantees. I was hoping to be able to find something I could do myself if possible. 

Do any sites exist with accurate sold data other than using the MLS ?

Thanks!

@Will Sifert I'm happy to help out here in Iowa as much as I can. Yes, I'm an agent, but if you give me specifics on what you are wanting, I'll see if I can pull the data and send it your way.  Not looking for anything in return, just happy helping out. 

OR for public data, you have different software like prop stream and others, they could do it.  Or if you are looking at specific county-only data, the assessor's sites would have that.  

Recently i pulled all the multifamily 2-10 sized units, was a pretty simple data extract. 

Originally posted by @Darson Grantham :

@Will Sifert I'm happy to help out here in Iowa as much as I can. Yes, I'm an agent, but if you give me specifics on what you are wanting, I'll see if I can pull the data and send it your way.  Not looking for anything in return, just happy helping out. 

OR for public data, you have different software like prop stream and others, they could do it.  Or if you are looking at specific county-only data, the assessor's sites would have that.  

Recently i pulled all the multifamily 2-10 sized units, was a pretty simple data extract. 

Thanks for the offer. Sending you a message.