Votes
Chance B.
  • Haltom City, TX
Votes |
Signing an Exclusivity Agreement.

Chance B.
  • Haltom City, TX
Posted Oct 12 2021, 19:27

Hey All, I am looking to purchase my first property (which will be residential), but the agent I am working with sent me over an Exclusivity Agreement. I am concerned because in the agreement it states that is the seller "refuses or fails" to pay the commission, that the client (me) will be responsible for paying the broker. It also states that The client (me) may be "unknowingly recorded or otherwise monitored without consent." It also has some stuff about a "protection period" basically stating after the contract ends if myself or a family member purchases property from the broker I will be held responsible for the fees the broker was originally entitled to. We haven't nailed down a specific address yet but the contract spans multiple counties. I have read other posts but they all seem to be 1-3+ years old and I know things change, is this something that is normal or should I walk away. I haven't been or plan on "shopping agents." I have seen mixed reviews from "if their time is valuable they make you sign it so they don't waste their time" to "only bad agents make you sign, if they are good, they won't have to worry about you leaving."  Sorry for the long post but your input is very much appreciated.

Loading replies...