First OOS Property Investment in Indiana

12 Replies

Hello all, I'm planning on purchasing a property in Indianapolis Indiana within the next two months. I need an all star Property Manager and Agent. 

Any recommendations on the Indianapolis area? I'm looking for a turnkey in a class A or B neighborhood.

Bryan Contreras

@Bryan Contreras here's a couple places to start/look:

BP agent connection: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...  A good agent will have several property managers that they know and can recommend for you to interview!  I give out at least 3 to each of my OOS investors they can connect with.

A quick search of mentions of Indianapolis on the forums here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/... 

Welcome to the BP forums!  Hope you can get connected to some like minded people in your area!  What made you choose Indianapolis? 

Hi Bryan! Welcome to Indianapolis market! I have started my real estate journey here in Indianapolis. I had my first turnkey. Now, I have almost a hundred doors. I would love to share my experiences and chat you more if you're interested.

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

I bought my first OOS property in Indy in September 2020. Happy to share my agent and property manager if you DM. I was also really lucky to meet some really helpful local investors in Indy through BP, and quite frankly it sounds like @Nick Giulioni has a lot more local knowledge than I would and I'd definitely take advantage of that if I were you! 

@Jason L.

Good on you for getting started! You're going to do great things man!

@Lara White

A fellow investor and I compared Indy, Greensboro NC, Greensville SC, and Columbus OH with different metrics and different weights on those metrics. Indy came out on top. The list started out a bit longer but we narrowed it down to 4 locations. 

And now I'm pushing the button and moving forward! It's so great reaching out to fellow investors. I'm excited to get started on this new chapter and excited to execute my business plan. I'm targeting Single Family within the first 5 years then I'll move on up to multi-units and beyond.

Cheers!

Originally posted by @Bryan Contreras :

@Jason L.

Good on you for getting started! You're going to do great things man!

@Lara White

A fellow investor and I compared Indy, Greensboro NC, Greensville SC, and Columbus OH with different metrics and different weights on those metrics. Indy came out on top. The list started out a bit longer but we narrowed it down to 4 locations. 

And now I'm pushing the button and moving forward! It's so great reaching out to fellow investors. I'm excited to get started on this new chapter and excited to execute my business plan. I'm targeting Single Family within the first 5 years then I'll move on up to multi-units and beyond.

Cheers!

Indy is similar to Columbus with prices and growth but I personally like Columbus better for its growth with new companies moving here and its tech space rapidly growing. Overall they are both great markets

Originally posted by @Bryan Contreras :

Hello all, I'm planning on purchasing a property in Indianapolis Indiana within the next two months. I need an all star Property Manager and Agent. 

Any recommendations on the Indianapolis area? I'm looking for a turnkey in a class A or B neighborhood.

Bryan Contreras

My family lives in Carmel and says its nice. I personally like Columbus for BRRRR deals and Cinci and Cleveland for cashflow!

Bryan, I live in Carmel. It's rated as one of the best places to live in the US year after year. Let me know if you have any specific questions on the city. I do not have a property manager or REI agent as I'm new to real estate investing.

@Bryan Contreras hey! Would be happy to connect. I’m a local investor myself and have 5 doors. I have a great knowledge of the Indy neighborhoods and rental market. Would be happy to share. Also have great agent referrals.

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate