Mike Barry
  • Plainfield, IL
Votes |
When to use a portfolio lender?

Mike Barry
  • Plainfield, IL
Posted Mar 5 2015, 18:25

Hello everyone,

Newbie investor here with 2 rental properties under my belt. Now that i've been bitten by the bug I'm ready to keep going. I want to do the best planning ahead that I can. From all that I have read here on BP it seems as if after 2 more loans (total of 4) I will begin to find getting a mortgage much more difficult. I've read a few different numbers on this with 10 being a possible total, but it sounds like at some point I will be restricted with the big banks. From what it sounds like at that point I will want to begin seeking out portfolio lenders who finance in house. 

The question I have is it a good idea to start using a portfolio lender now to keep all my loans going forward with the same lender? Does this offer any advantages? Will this help me in growing my real estate investing business? For the time being I am buying and holding, and would like to continue to grow as much as I possibly can.

Thank you in advance for your help, and if anyone has any lender recommendations for the ChicagoLand area it would be much appreciated!

Loading replies...