Votes
Dorian Moore
  • Akron, OH
Votes |
Home Equity Loan Appraisal Dispute

Dorian Moore
  • Akron, OH
Posted Jan 12 2017, 21:09

I will make this as short as possible.  I am looking for advice on how to handle this situation and if I should contact a lawyer.  I applied for a home equity loan through Discover Home Loans and it was denied due to their appraisal finding the home vacant.  As soon as I found this out I immediately disputed as clearly something is wrong as it is my primary residence.  It took a month and a half for them to send me a copy of the appraisal.  I continually asked how my home could be labeled as vacant and all they ever said was they are not appraisers they do not know.  Finally I got a copy of the appraisal and called the appraiser and they said that Discover misread the appraisal and it was listed by them as owner occupied.  It is now too late to do anything and I would have restart the entire process.  My questions are don't I have the right to dispute an appraisal?  Shouldn't I received a copy immediately?  Shouldn't they have called the appraiser as soon as I called?  Should I seek a lawyer?

Thanks to anyone who can guide me in the right direction. 

Loading replies...