Gloucester City CO and Brick Pointing

10 Replies

Hi All,

Happy New Year! I am (hopefully) close to closing on a SFR in Gloucester City, and the seller and listing agent made it sound like the City inspector for CO was pretty strict. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with obtaining a CO in Gloucester City, NJ and if there is any advice regarding that process. One of the concerns was pointing the exterior brick wall. Any recommendations on Masons, or Brick pointing work in South Jersey, and if this may affect obtaining a CO?

Thanks!

@Stephen Kappre Hey Stephen!  Congrats to you as well!  I have also heard of an inspector being pretty tough as well.  Hopefully we get the "reasonable" ones ;-)  Best of luck with your inspection and excited to hear how it turns out!  I will reach out to you via DM.

Thanks!

@Stephen Karakitsios

Hey Stephen! Congrats to you as well! I have also heard of an inspector being pretty tough as well. Hopefully we get the "reasonable" ones ;-) Best of luck with your inspection and excited to hear how it turns out! I will reach out to you via DM.

@Daniel Kent I have a couple properties in GC and the CO Inspections aren't awful.  The separate rental license inspection is a little tougher.  Frankly, I can't think of any towns where I would say "the inspections are a breeze", but each has it's nuances.  I had a chimney that needed brick repointing but it didn't fail because of it.  If you work off of the Code check list you'll be pretty good.  Feel free to PM once you close  

Thanks @Mike Parlante !  I appreciate the insight.  The previous buyer that had the deal fall through said they wanted the brick pointed in order to get a CO, which I thought was odd, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.  I will also take a look at the code check list.  I will reach out via PM as well,

Thanks again-

Daniel,

Rather new to big pockets.  By now I hope you have a CO.  If not we own 20 properties in Gloucester city and have a PM who grew up in Gloucester city and knows everyone.  We had our first forced eviction last week and she knew the sheriff 

If anyone is investing in Gloucester city this person is cheap and will make your life very easy