• Landlord and Rehabber
  • Newton, MA
Votes |
Linking a YouTube channel to your profile

Shaun Reilly
  • Landlord and Rehabber
  • Newton, MA
Posted Dec 2 2013, 08:28

So after upgrading to fancy new PRO account last night I was playing around with some stuff and also decided to update some stuff on my profile.

One of which was adding my YouTube channel on the web contacts. Easy enough just paste in the URL. It isn't working for me though.

My hypothesis is that at some point YouTube changed the way it structured it's URLs and some of the default stuff on BP isn't their convention anymore.

What I noticed is that in the BP linking area you have the general YouTube stuff then "/user/" then the box to put in your link specific stuff. What I noticed is that the URL I have from YouTube doesn't have that in it but has "/channel/".

If I put in the URL with or without the channel part it doesn't work linked with BP. However if I put in the "/channel/" version and click though when I get the broken link I can manually remove the "/user/" part and it works.

Problem seems that the "/user/" is a permanent part of the BP link so you can't take it out.

FYI I has a similar issue with LinkedIn where the "in/" that was there broke the link as well. However that was in the box you can edit so I just erased it and it worked.

Loading replies...