• Washington, D.C.
Votes |
Russell Brazil's 15,000th Post

Russell Brazil
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorPosted Jan 5 2023, 18:46

What a journey.

Getting to 5,000 posts I feel was quick. I hit that 6 years ago, while my first post was 8 years ago.  and to 10,000 was pretty quick with that being 3-4 years ago. I guess it seems Im pumping out 5,000 posts every 2-4 years or so, with it taking a little longer each time. I guess as the business grows, I have a little less time to pump out posts.

So what have the last 3 years and 5,000 posts bought me?

In 2020 I was ranked the 74th highest producing individual agent in Maryland, and in 2021 I was 101st. That is out of 50,000 agents. In 2021 I was ranked 72nd out of 11,000 agents in Washington, DC. We will see what the 2022 numbers look like in a couple months when they are all tabulated. 

Much of that business comes both directly, and indirectly from Biggerpockets. 

Im in my 3rd year now of being on the Board of Directors of my local Realtor Association. I am starting my 2nd year on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Realtors, serving our over 1.6 million members. I should be on the Board for at least the next 6 years.

My rental portfolio continues to grow in value. Number of units stays relatively similar as I just keep 1031ing cheaper properties into more expensive properties. 

Im fortunate enough that my success allows me to take 6 trips a year. For me, all the work and investing was very much to achieve this goal. I could probably actually retire...but I love real estate too much to not be heavily involved in the industry.  

And most importantly, this little internet forum has provided some of my best friends in life. Many of them fellow BP Moderators.

Here's to 15,000 more posts.

District Invest Group Logo

Loading replies...