Can someone explain to me why my blog isn't showing up under "Member blogs" anymore?

7 Replies

I've noticed that the blog I posted earlier today is no longer under the "member blogs" section. It doesn't even show up in a search.

1. I work with Eric Counts, as well. Great guy, great company! 

2. Are you talking about the "Building Business Credit" post? I found that one by going directly to your blog. Not all blogs posts are posted in the featured posts section (which is where you're directed by clicking on the "Member Blogs" link).

When you're there, there's a link that says "How to get featured on this page", and shows you the criteria...

1. 1. Keep Your Post Non-Promotional. 
  2. 2. No Internal Links.
  3. 3. Don't Be Hyperlocal. 

To sum up: If you want to be featured, provide incredible content without shameless self promotion.

Looks like your post simply wasn't chosen to be Featured...at least not yet (if at all). However, the post DOES come up for me when I search the title! 

Thank you for the reply Joe. I'm definitely considering using him in the future.

I made sure to review all of the guidelines before posting. Still don't know why it was removed. Is there a moderator that I could talk to?

Hi Ethan!

Go ahead and check your inbox. I sent you a PM concerning the issue.

Hi, @Jaren Barnes . If you're still a moderator, can you help me with this issue as well? I wrote a good blog post a few weeks and have no comments at all. Went in to check it and it doesn't even show up in a member blog search. Not sure what we did wrong?

Thanks much,

-David Panzera

Hey @David Panzera I checked your blog it still show just fine. It also comes up if you do a search on the site with keywords 'the 5 big things.' Am I missing something?

Thanks, @Dave Visaya . Can I ask how you even found it in the first place? I searched my name and the blog post does not show up in the search results -- is says "Member Blogs (0)". And it wasn't a featured post. So I'm not even sure how ANYONE sees it.

Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.