Mobile Platform - Android

8 Replies

I realize that BP doesn't have an Android App (even though 80% of smartphones activated run Android)....but is there any mobile version of the site (specifically the forums)? Attempting to use the forums on an Android mobile browser is downright painful.

I use forums on many other sites that work great using just the browser, but it's extrememly difficult here. Anyone else have similar issues? Am I missing a mobile optimized link somewhere?

I'm right there with you Rusty.  I haven't tried the new BP on mobile yet, but I know the old version didn't cooperate too well.

It is in the works, folks.

NOTE: Usage of BP on mobile is close to 70% iOS, which is why we built an app for that platform before Android.

I dont think you're missing anything rusty. I have an android and the user interface isn't all that robust. I actually gave up on checking threads through my phone and use my laptop/PC for this.

I love when iphone users on BP complain about the mobile site being down for 10 minutes :)

I am glad it is in the works.  I can't check any notifications from my android phone.  

@Joshua Dorkin , is there a responsive front end in the works for biggerpockets.com? I'm guessing so since you're in the middle of rolling out a new design. This would make the lack of a dedicated app less of a concern.

I am so glad this isn't just me. I can barely do anything on my Android... and I live on my phone nowadays. I only use my PC when I absolutely have to.

Folks, as I've said already, we're working on solutions to your woes.  Please be patient.

We've released V1 of our BiggerPockets Android app -- basically a web version of the full site on the Google Play store with Keyword Alert push notifications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....

We'll be working to improve the app, but wanted to get something out for all of you guys.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.