Is it appropriate to call someone into a conversation.

2 Replies

Here's the deal. You read a post. You have your opinion and post it. But know that there is someone else here at bigger pockets that is a much more authoritative source.  Can you @ sign that individual to call them out.  Is it like standing in a room looking around and waving them over. Or are you potentially ticking them off by getting them involved in something they don't want to be involved in. When in real life I tend to run it by them before I actually introduce them to the person. I am NOT a human resource person. I am much more hard nose than that.  So I am following (not officially) an individual whom I really consider on point with dealing with tenant problems. I am reading their responses as much as I can and now I am trying to mimic them in my response. What would _______ do? I read a post and immediately thought of them.  Can I call them out both to help the original poster and to tear apart (in a good way of course) my answer.  If I can call them over how do I do that? As they are not in the post so when I attempt to use the @ sign with their name nothing happens.

As allows thanks in advance.

You can only call someone into a conversation if they're your colleague.  

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to summon someone into a conversation.  If they don't want to respond, they don't have to.

Thanks Jon.  This place is so great I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I just feel that if they choose not to respond then some may look at it as they don't care and now I just hurt someone's reputation which is the exact opposite of what my intentions were.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you