New PRO Feature: Ignore Users

42 Replies

Tired of seeing that annoying guy/gal on the forums that keeps driving you mad?  

One of our developers, @Robert Perry  thought it would be a great idea to give users the ability to ignore posts from other users and we agreed.  Now, Pro members can elect to ignore posts from any user they want (other than admins/mods).

Simply click the IGNORE USER link next to a post from someone you want to ignore and as you can see in the image below, you won't have to see what they have to say anywhere on the forums.

If you want to peek behind the hidden text, you can do that with the link at the top to temporarily reveal the post and if you decide you no longer want to ignore that user, click the Unignore user option that appears once you click ignore.

We hope you find this to be another valuable tool worth upgrading for.

Thanks to Rob for the idea and for making it happen.

Are you saying we are supose to ignore anything Steve Babiak says? 

I sort of have to laugh at this feature.  Are people getting so agitated on BP by other users  to this point? Maybe its time to work on some emotional management to take it in stride.  Its always the risk of being on any forum- you will eventually say something that leads others to respond in a manner that makes you feel attacked and insulted.  It's just part of modern life.  

Did someone mention me? I can't find the post, how does that work if someone mentions me and I can't find the post. How did they even know I posted if they can't see my post to even mention me.

This is going to get complicated, they don't know I was here, but they mention me, then I can't find the mention, but even if they didn't know I had been here, so how do they find out they are ignored if I'm ignored? Hmmmm?  :)

Michael, welcome to BP, after you're here awhile you'll better understand the value of this feature.

What might be interesting is seeing comments to other comments that you can't see, that could be fun to decipher.

Now, if we could just get an ignore button where you could just zap bad advice so others would ignore it, that would be even better! Oh,  I guess that's the moderators button......never mind  LOL  :)

Seriously, good thought!

@Bill Gulley  - once I know you are ignoring me, I'll mention you all the time just for the fun of it :)

As soon as I saw this feature I thought of the people who don't like @Bill Gulley  's tough love. Pretty hilarious that you then had the first comment on here! Keep up the good work! 

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)
800-347-9296

Ok.  I just ignored myself and now I can't see anything when I log in.  Guess I should have considered that first.  

Originally posted by @Ryan Dossey :

As soon as I saw this feature I thought of the people who don't like @Bill Gulley  's tough love. Pretty hilarious that you then had the first comment on here! Keep up the good work! 

LOL, I thought the same thing!

@Joshua Dorkin  

Coincidence?  The javascript "eyecon" that tells me when I have awaiting messages, keyword matches, mentions, etc (the one presenting the envelope and notice count) seems to have ceased.

Let Joe Gore back on the site and watch the Pro account subscriptions skyrocket!

Originally posted by @Michael RIstau :

I sort of have to laugh at this feature.  Are people getting so agitated on BP by other users  to this point? Maybe its time to work on some emotional management to take it in stride.  Its always the risk of being on any forum- you will eventually say something that leads others to respond in a manner that makes you feel attacked and insulted.  It's just part of modern life.  

Wow, I'm really getting sick of your attitude, Michael!

Ignore!!!  ;-)

Is there any reason that I can't ignore @J Scott and @Joshua Dorkin  ?  there is no "Ignore User" link beneath their icons at the left of their posts in this thread ... but I see that link below the other Pro and Plus members.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you