Mobile-Friendly BiggerPockets User Profiles are Now Live

19 Replies

Last week we announced the launch of our mobile-friendly forums.  
Today, I'm happy to announce that member profiles are now mobile-friendly as well!

Regardless of whether you're using iOS, Android or Windows (there aren't a lot of you), viewing user profiles should be much easier on your mobile devices as of today.

In the coming weeks, we'll continue to make other parts of the site more friendly for mobile use, starting with the PM/conversation system and dashboard, so stay tuned!

Can we analyze properties through Mobil site?

All good things Josh, thanks for the continued improvements!

One thing I noticed missing since the change is that you can no longer see how many posts someone has when viewing from a mobile device. It's nice to welcome new members, but I can't seem to find any way to see if it's their 1st post or 1000th post, even if I click on their profile. 

Anyway, just something I've noticed. 

Hey @Kyle J.   - Good catch.  We definitely want to get that back in . . . we're on it!

Great News Josh!! 

Any plans on updating the mobile BP app?

I have been getting booted off BP each time I view a profile while using iOS. The app doesn't completely close (still available after double-tapping home) but I'm unable to view profiles. Does anyone else have the same issue?

@Eric M.
@Joshua Dorkin

Yes I am having the same issue with the BP app, it does close down as soon as you view a user profile. I love using the app but it's not quite as useful yet as the actual site. Looking forward to improvements on the app!

We'll be updating the app in the coming months. As it stands we strongly recommend using the mobile version of biggerpockets (via browser) instead. It's already far more stable than the app and works on all devices...

@Joshua Dorkin  I appreciate the advice... I switch between browser and app but will use the browser version more often now!

Yep.  Every time Apple makes an update, it causes problems -- thus the shift for us to a completely mobile-friendly website, which will eventually serve as the foundation for future mobile iOS/Android apps.

Hey Josh, even using the browser on a mobile is inconvenient, for every time I click on a link it opens a new window browser and requires me to login again.

@Ramez Qubain  - That shouldn't be happening.  I've never experienced, nor heard the issue from anyone else.  Could you try to reset the cookies on your mobile browser?

I experienced it yesterday on my iPhone 6. I tried it again today and everything is working well both on the iPhone and the iPad. 

@Joshua Dorkin  I want to thank you for posting the information about mobile devices. I use my iPad a lot to read The Forum posts, watch podcasts and post to the forums. I experience having to login multiple times when using the iPad. This happens when I get an email from BP and then click the link.  Is this something you are working to change or will this be the way it works on the iPad?  Really not a big problem, but a nice to have if possible. 

Thank you for making BP mobile friendly!

very cool! I know the mobile view with be great for us android users. Does that mean you have currant plans to create an app for Android? 

Just wondering! 

Guys - This is not an app.  Just go to the site on your phone's browser and you'll be able to use it as you would a mobile app (at least the forums and profiles -- for now).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.