Deletion of post

6 Replies

How do I delete my posts in the market place?

You can not edit only modify by adding additional sentences that are at the bottom and in lighter type. I will have to stick to advertising where I can actually delete a posting. No since in having an old posting out there, and if Josh and the BP team can't figure out how to do it with out causing interruptions in others posting...Well that's corporate greed for you. Just my opinion of course, I do not want to break any terms of use agreements.

Why would you need to delete a Marketplace post?  If its a deal that's been funded, or sold, or whatever, everyone just posts as such. That way they can showcase other deals they've done in the future.

@Christopher Baustert   - I'm not certain how you equate corporate greed with your inability to remove a forum post -- we don't make more money because your advertisement stays on the site -- the only one who stands to benefit is you.  

At this time, there is no way for a user to remove their old ads.  That said, we're going to be making lots of changes/improvements to our marketplace in the months to come, and we will be including some changes to how long ads remain and so on.

If you took the time to learn more about who we are, I think you'd realize that greedy is probably the last word you'd want to use. We turn down revenues on a weekly basis from companies and advertisers who would kill to get visibility from us -- that's not greed, that's a company with standards. 

Our users come first and foremost . . . 

If you still think we're greedy and don't believe this to be the place for you, no one is forcing you to stick around; no one is forcing you to read our site or to participate here.  That said, I hope you'll see otherwise and decide to stay.

Great post! And here I was looking to find a way to remove the "edit" I submitted for one of my posts.  I simply wanted to make a change (add some things) and clicked "submit," and it shows beneath the original post.  Now I would actually like to "cancel" the edit, and just create a New Ad, because I realize that it makes sense to create to job postings for what I am looking for. I will poke around, and hopefully there is a way to cancel "edits." If not, no worries.  I am so grateful to even be part of BP and allowed to share my knowledge, experience, and build my business further.  This is exactly what 

@Joshua Dorkin set out to do, from what I seen so far. Thank you for all you do. Creating jobs. Providing a space for networking that is amazing. And most importantly, providing a space for knowledge to be transferred free of charge and put to good use in the marketplace to create a better name for REI's. So, a big Thanks to Josh. And a thank you for the "mention" in the podcast a few months ago about hiring a good investor friendly agent. Keep it up Josh. YOU are killing it :-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.