Using Biggerpockets.com

6 Replies

Hey all,

I recently joined bigger pockets.  How do you guys best implement this website?  What do you use it for the majority of the time?  I own multifamily realestate along with a smal portfolio of commercial and am looking to grow both.  Just want to know what you guys like best about this site and what features you use the most and get the most out of.

Thanks,

Justin

Use the keyword alerts and listen to the podcasts.

Hi Justin,

Well many use it to connect with others that have similar interest. For instance you said you do multifamily and then commercial.

I  am a principal broker of my commercial firm and an investor myself. I specialize in larger multifamily and retail properties.

Also the forums can be good to ask questions or get opinions on a certain situation you might encounter or to analyze a property you are considering. It's kind of a sounding board and resource. 

networking!  This is the place to make and grow business relationships.  It's a great place to build an on-line reputation as a local professional.  Testimonials, blog posts, references, the list goes on.  It is an incredible asset for information.  Anything you want to know, has already been asked.  Anything you can't find, you can ask and people will point you to the 15 threads that already exist on the topic.  Finding local professional help is a snap.  The Pro membership is the BEST BUSINESS INVESTMENT I make every year, and I make a lot of business investments.  I repeat. 

BIGGER POCKETS PROVIDES ME THE BIGGEST RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT IN REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT YEAR AFTER YEAR!!!

@Joshua Dorkin is the MAN for blowing it out of the park with this network of professionals!

Yes listen to the podcasts, each one has at least one delicious nugget of new information. Also always be upfront with what you are presenting. One of the most important parts of BP is having site cred. People will get to know through what you post and put forth and if at anytime people start to question your credibility it will be hard to establish relationships and network through this site. This site is an almost endless source of info. When you go PRO you get unlimited use of the calculators/analyzers which are really awesome.

Good luck and welcome to the site. 

As I grow I search for things I don't know and others do: how to find an accomodator for a1031 exchange, do I need a whole new roof or just repair the roof I have, how does this decision change my tax situation, I've got my first 4 loans and find out the 5th is more difficult so how do I carry on, do I snowball my rents and pay down my mortgages or keep borrowing, now in single families does it pay to do multifamily properties...

I am searching for something each and every day.  And I am answering questions for folks who are a few steps behind, where I recently was.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.