BP SNAFU

5 Replies

Well, lost my avatar, now what makes that happen? It was a picture I had from an old computer that I no longer have, lost it, it was almost like a trademark here. Then I loaded a public picture and poooffff, next day it's gone!

I've given up on the "BP is not responding"  "Site is running a long script" at every click.

My mail pops up with a number of votes and mentions, I get there and there isn't anything. Or, I'm on an something pops up, says mail, go to it and it says it was sent 28 minutes ago, I just got it, makes me fell like the person who PMs me is thinking I'm ignoring them. Just wondering why it's not timely.....

Hot and cold, sometimes I can type, like now and it goes smoothly, sometimes it hangs up and it takes 30 seconds to pound in one letter. Don't have that issue at other non-RE related sites.

All of this has much to do with my posts dropping on BP, starting to think admin has some magic button, let's mess with Bill today. I'm no techie type, but these issues are just here on BP. Anyone have a cure for this stuff?    

no one can mess with you Bill.  Not even BP.  

Hey @Bill Gulley - sorry for the tech issues lately. BP is transitioning to some new servers because of the growth and it's causing some issues, and it looks like you got caught in that mess. No "mess with bill" button, but now that you mention it... ;)

The site load issues should be ending any day now, and I;ll see what I can do about the photo - I miss that 'ol photo around BP :)

(Oh - and if you have an email that says you have messages, or votes, or mentions, etc - and you don't see them, it's probably because you happened upon them already while just cruising the site. The email is still sent out, but the alert is  "cleared" which is why it show sup blank. At least that's usually why that happens)

Michael, LOL, at you too Brandon.

Okay, I'll give peace a chance, I'll disarm my nukes, LOL

BTW, my mentions are showing 1 now, I see that it's from Brandon, they aren't going off after I visit a thread, I'll clear it I guess.

Thanks Brandon!

Yes, it went off when I left this thread, I can adjust!

It's the not responding stuff that is really annoying :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here