J Scott's DIGITAL Book

20 Replies

Hey Sam -

Currently, the books are only available in PDF and softcover -- we don't yet have a Kindle version or an audio-book version.

It is readable in iBooks (iPad) or on any digital reader that supports PDF (most of them). 

@Robert Perry Thank you for the link.  I think I can get away with that.

@J Scottjust out of curiosity, what happened were one to lose the PDF files stored on their hard drive (in case of a hard drive malfunction etc.)?  Is there a record of purchase and would the PDF be resent?

Thanks,

Sam

Originally posted by @Sam Alpha :

@Robert Perry Thank you for the link.  I think I can get away with that.

@J Scottjust out of curiosity, what happened were one to lose the PDF files stored on their hard drive (in case of a hard drive malfunction etc.)?  Is there a record of purchase and would the PDF be resent?


Hey Sam,

Yup, we resend links to the book package all the time.  That's never an issue...

Originally posted by @J Scott :

Hey Sam -

Currently, the books are only available in PDF and softcover -- we don't yet have a Kindle version or an audio-book version.

It is readable in iBooks (iPad) or on any digital reader that supports PDF (most of them). 

Hi J Scott... I'm new to BP and trying to get back into REI, but want to educate myself and read as many books as possible before making any serious decisions. I'm mainly interested in buy and hold, but curious about flipping and costs that go into rehab. I've heard many references to your books and would love to check them out. Any idea if/when they'll be available on Kindle?

Originally posted by @Shamim Toufighian :
Originally posted by @J Scott:

Hey Sam -

Currently, the books are only available in PDF and softcover -- we don't yet have a Kindle version or an audio-book version.

It is readable in iBooks (iPad) or on any digital reader that supports PDF (most of them). 

Hi J Scott... I'm new to BP and trying to get back into REI, but want to educate myself and read as many books as possible before making any serious decisions. I'm mainly interested in buy and hold, but curious about flipping and costs that go into rehab. I've heard many references to your books and would love to check them out. Any idea if/when they'll be available on Kindle?

Hey Shamim,

We don't currently have a Kindle version scheduled, simply because the books have a bunch of images and tables that don't render well in Kindle format. 

Originally posted by @Vincent Crane :

J Scott for President 2016

Thanks...  😊

Funny thing is, if you check the Federal election registration website, you'll see that I actually did all initial filings to run as an Independent...  I did a facebook poll, and said I'd I had enough support, I would...i guess my facebook friends think I'd make a good President...  😊

@J Scott Hahaha. Considering how much support Trump has had, I think it's clear that Americans want someone who's focused on economics and jobs. I'm sure you'd be in a similar arena as far as your focus. I interned for a senator in NC during college, a lot of real estate investors end up running for local senate/house and getting it in their home state. It might be something to consider if you get bored in your 50's and have nothing else to do haha.

Originally posted by @Vincent Crane :

@J Scott Hahaha. Considering how much support Trump has had, I think it's clear that Americans want someone who's focused on economics and jobs. I'm sure you'd be in a similar arena as far as your focus. I interned for a senator in NC during college, a lot of real estate investors end up running for local senate/house and getting it in their home state. It might be something to consider if you get bored in your 50's and have nothing else to do haha.

I won't go into specifics (as I'm sure most here don't care), but I'm fairly certain I would be despised (by both sides) as a President...  ;-)

Sorry for bumping an old thread! 

I just bought the book and rushed through the process-- i thought it was an audiobook 

I will somehow find a way to read it via PDF's.. my question is: Will I (and other BP members) have to rebuy the book when it's available in audio? 

Originally posted by @Frank Eimiller :

Sorry for bumping an old thread! 

I just bought the book and rushed through the process-- i thought it was an audiobook 

I will somehow find a way to read it via PDF's.. my question is: Will I (and other BP members) have to rebuy the book when it's available in audio? 

Honestly, we haven't yet discussed making an audio version of the book available.  I'm guessing that if/when we did, it would be distributed through Audilble, so there would be an additional fee for the audio book.

This is pretty standard that the audio book is a separate purchase from the digital/physical books...

Originally posted by @J Scott :
Originally posted by @Frank Eimiller:

Sorry for bumping an old thread! 

I just bought the book and rushed through the process-- i thought it was an audiobook 

I will somehow find a way to read it via PDF's.. my question is: Will I (and other BP members) have to rebuy the book when it's available in audio? 

Honestly, we haven't yet discussed making an audio version of the book available.  I'm guessing that if/when we did, it would be distributed through Audilble, so there would be an additional fee for the audio book.

This is pretty standard that the audio book is a separate purchase from the digital/physical books...

 Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and I completely understand. I went ahead and reached out to the BP support-- they helped me upgrade my order and now i'm being shipped the paperback copy(s)

Thanks for the great content and support, J! 

Originally posted by @Frank Eimiller :

 Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and I completely understand. I went ahead and reached out to the BP support-- they helped me upgrade my order and now i'm being shipped the paperback copy(s)

Thanks for the great content and support, J! 

 No problem...enjoy the books!  Any questions, let me know (my email is in my signature)...

J Scott,
Hi, last week I purchased the ebooks and today I read the book on estimating rehab costs. Great job, I really enjoyed. Pages 195-205 detailed out the details of each phase and related estimates. Does this exist in an excel format to use? I would hate to manually transcribe if it is available.

Thanks,
Mike

Originally posted by @Mike Bicho :

J Scott,
Hi, last week I purchased the ebooks and today I read the book on estimating rehab costs. Great job, I really enjoyed. Pages 195-205 detailed out the details of each phase and related estimates. Does this exist in an excel format to use? I would hate to manually transcribe if it is available.

Hey Mike -

All the digital files are included when purchased on BP, but there's no good way to include them with an Amazon purchase (sorry about that!)...

Soot me an email (j @ 123flip.com) and I'll send them over to you...

Folks - 

Just fyi that The Book on Flipping Houses is now available on Kindle for $9.99.  You can purchase it directly from Amazon.com...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here