Rental Property Calculator

3 Replies

The calculator seems like an awesome tool, and I'm anxious to test it out and get used to using it.  However, I have a few questions.  I just read an article (This Article) that says you can try it three times for free (the paragraph right above "How to Finance a Duplex"), but when I went to the calculator it says you can test it out for free once.  Which is correct?  If I only get one shot at it for free, I want to make sure I get a good look!

The article also says Pros get unlimited use of the calculator for no additional charge, is this true for Plus members as well?  When you go to the Rental Calculator there is information that says Plus members get unlimited use as well, so I just want to which information is correct.  I see the Pro membership has a couple other perks related to the calculator, but I'm really just interested in unlimited use and the ability to create PDFs and print reports.  If a Plus membership allows for unlimited use and the ability to print and create PDFs of results, that may be enough of an incentive for me to upgrade my account.

Thank you!

Hey @Mark Smith - great questions!

So, first-  if you saw "one time" anywhere -that's a mistake. Even 3x is a mistake, lol. I think it's actually five times. Do you happen to remember exactly where you saw it? Also, keep in mind, every time you "edit" a report, it counts as one usage. So use wisely ;)

As for the plus vs. pro - Plus can use it as much as they want, but do not have the ability to print PDF reports.

Hope that helps! And just to sway your decision a bit: 

- A Pro membership will allow you to put a video on your BP Profile. I HIGHLY recommend this if you want to build trust here and eventually work with folks on the site. Video is huge. 
- A Pro membership will allow you to watch unlimited Webinar Replays in the Pro Replay Room. 30+ hours of amazing content, if I do say so myself!

- A Pro membership will let you search our over 320,000 members based on numerous criteria at www.biggerpockets.com/meet. Great for networking.

Finally, many weeks on the Live webinar that takes place on Wednesday night - (Including this Wednesday) I offer a 20% discount for signing up for Pro. So it takes the price down pretty dramatically, where Plus no longer makes much sense! :)

Hope that helps some!

Hi @Brandon Turner ,

Allow be to begin by saying I am honored to have you reply to my question haha.  I've read a bunch of your posts and listened to a lot of podcasts over the last week (listening to show 61 as I type this).

To find the place where I saw three free uses, click on the link below, do a 'Control F' to search the page (or another search function if you are not on a PC), and type in "you can try" and it should take you right to the spot.  If that does not work, scroll down the page approximately halfway and you will see a big bold title that reads "How to Finance a Duplex."  The paragraph directly above that title states "you can try it three times for free!"  If the link I posted does not work, I also hyperlinked it in the original question.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/07/19/how-to-buy-a-duplex/

Now for where it says you can try it one time for free: 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/buy-and-hold-calculat...

Right below the "Start a New Report" button it says "Try our Rental Property Calculator once for free!"  Also, when you click on the little question mark next to that for more information, it says the same thing in the window that opens up.

Also, in relation to your answer above where you say that Plus members cannot save PDFs or print reports, when you click on that question mark to get more information that I just referenced, it states "BiggerPockets Plus members have full access to the tool, can save up to five reports, and can save and print "BiggerPockets branded" reports as PDFs."

@Brandon Turner any update?  I know you're super busy and I don't mean to rush you, I'm just curious!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you