What's your favorite BP episode?

14 Replies

I have a unique opportunity to talk with a 10 year younger version of myself, a friend who has just established himself in his career, is considering his first home purchase, and will soon be a BP forum member.

So my question to you is what episode stands out as one of the more impactful episodes for newbies?

Episode 11 was the ultimate beginners guide, and has been one of my favorites that I've gone back to two or three times.

Honorable mention would go to any of @J Scott's episodes. Maybe as I get better at real estate I'll get better at tagging users.

@Chris Schuler

The very first episode of the BP Podcast that I heard was the one that motivated me the most. Podcast #60 with Serge Shukhat.

I knew I wanted to do multi-family after I listened to that podcast, and closed on my first 4-plex a month later.

Being new-ish to BP I haven't heard a ton of them but for me it's definitely Grant Cardone on #108.

@Chris Schuler - Without a doubt, #152 with Ben Leybovich, Brian Burke, and Serge Shukhat.

P.S. You can only tag folks in posts if they have contributed to that post, or if you're connected with them on the BiggerPockets forums. 

Haven't listened to them all but I've listened to BP Podcast 179: Doing the "Impossible" by Buying 100+ Units in His First Two Years with Dave Hensel a few times and I love it. 

This guy just takes Real Estate Investing head on when he began and did some major power moves later on in his investing career that make you sit back and think "wow, if he did it, I can too!" ... I'm sure that's his quote somewhere in the podcast, really motivational and definitely makes you think outside the box. 

So I've listened to most of them. My favorites:

Serge Shukhat -  Episode 60 and  Episode 131 Multi Family

Shawn Holsapple -  Episode 136 Wholesaling and Deal Pipeline

Brian Murray -  Episode 126 Commercial, Multi Family

Brian Burke -  Episode 3 Flipping, Raising Money

Darren Sager -  Episode 48 General rental/tenant advice

Andrew & Philip Syrios -  Episode 121 Building your rental business

Chad Carson -  Episode 84 Creative Finance

Johnny Youssef -  Episode 147 Weird Properties

Bill Syrios - Episode 140 Niche Investing

I only listened to a 10 minutes of one of them  ( short attention span plus I already know everything LOL)

but Mike Quarles knows how to sell  based on what I heard him say.. his cadence and drive came over the phone..

#80 with Jonna Weber, and #89 with Engelo Rumora were brilliant! Jonna's was so full of great content that I've listened to it several times, and Engelo is one hilarious bloke. It would be wonderful to have either (or both!) back for a second time.

Originally posted by @Gavin Peacock :

#80 with Jonna Weber, and #89 with Engelo Rumora were brilliant! Jonna's was so full of great content that I've listened to it several times, and Engelo is one hilarious bloke. It would be wonderful to have either (or both!) back for a second time.

Thanks for your kind words mate,

I've been plugging away trying to book in my second but I think Josh thinks I'll call him a [email protected]#$er again so maybe there is slight hesitance there haha

@Darren Sager any news or do I have to wait for another gig after I become the new Prime Minister of Australia? haha

Thanks

I had to come back and bump this thread after listening to episode 55.

Jimmy Moncrief offers invaluable insider perspective of the financing aspect of REI. Great great episode that completely changed the way I will approach my lenders moving forward.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here