We're Teenagers! Happy 13th Birthday, BiggerPockets!

60 Replies

Thirteen years ago today, @Joshua Dorkin created BiggerPockets. 

Sick of not finding the information he needed to properly invest in real estate, he was tired of making mistakes. Google wasn't much help, bringing back results for courses that cost $10,000 or no results at all. Frustrated by not having anyone to talk to about real estate, he chose to create a space where people could discuss real estate investing, share ideas and tips, and learn from each other. (He shared the whole story on  The BiggerPockets Podcast Episode 100.)

Thirteen years ago, Josh became Member (and employee) #1. Today we're more than 875,000 members strong, sharing information about what works and what doesn't and most importantly, how to use real estate to realize financial freedom. We now have more than 25 employees who bring you this site and work to improve it every single day.

I happened upon BiggerPockets 4 years ago, and could not believe it existed. (I could have avoided some basic mistakes and made a lot more money investing if I had found BiggerPockets sooner.)

I raced through the forums, reading what felt like every single thread. OMG! There are people who love real estate as much as I do?!? I spent so much time on the site, devouring information. (I still do.) It felt like home. This is my tribe!

Thank you, Josh, for creating my tribe!!!

Happy Birthday, BiggerPockets! 

Medium fbprofileMindy Jensen, BiggerPockets | [email protected]rpockets.com | https://www.biggerpockets.com | CO Agent # FA100049656 | Podcast Guest on Show #129

Happy birthday, BP! Thanks JD for the great site!

I just stumbled upon BP last year and its free advice has already been the difference in thousands in profits. Happy birthday and thanks!

Happy birthday, Biggerpockets!!

Thanks to you, I have seen and explored a world I did not even know was open to me. And while I have not yet closed on my first deal, I would have never gotten to pull the trigger or even look if not for you, @Joshua Dorkin .

Thank you!

Happy Birthday BiggerPockets!

Congrats @Brandon Turner and @Joshua Dorkin!

Happy birthday BP! Many thanks for existing!

Happy Birthday BP! 

And congrats @Joshua Dorkin and the rest of the gang on the 13 year mark! I've read a crazy statistic in Inc. Magazine once that said only 4 out of 100 businesses pass the 10 year mark.  So glad that BP is well beyond that and growing!

I know the site has changed my life for the better, and I hope it continues changing the lives of others for years to come.

Medium ppr no taglineDave Van Horn, PPR | 8773951290 | http://www.pprnoteco.com | PA Agent # RS161532A | Podcast Guest on Show #28

Just under a year ago I, Iike @Mindy Jensen , just happened onto BP and immediately felt at home. I love the quality of the articles, and BP's desire to make this knowledge available to the average Joe. I'm also in the process of reading all of the BP books. Loved the book on Rental Property Investing!

Happy Birthday BP!!

Happy Birthday BP!! Now I have two teens in my life. One the takes money from my pocket (a 13 y.o. girl) and one that thankfully will help me put money back in. Thanks Josh for taken a chance and to all of y'all that make Bigger Pockets a great place to learn.

Congrats and happy birthday, BP!

13 years and almost a million strong, growing every day.

Without your site to vent to and share with, my family would have ex-communicated me long ago.   Here's to 13 more!

Congrats @Joshua Dorkin

It's so rare for a business to have such a massive impact, especially with only 25 people! BP has made a direct impact on making millionaires and giving people true freedom. That's pretty freaking awesome! 

Keep up the good work!

Happy Birthday, BiggerPockets!

Thank you, Mindy, Josh, Brandon, and now, Scott Trench, now that I have bought the text "Set for Life". I look forward to the physical copy of the book, but since the hospital is slow today, I am halfway though the book that I downloaded digitally!

The book "Set for Life" is is nothing short of AMAZING!  I am so overjoyed that I stumbled upon BiggerPockets, we are all so fortunate to have a "Community" that shares a common love of real estate and building & creating wealth. 

I would HIGHLY reccomend the text "Set for Life" by Scott Trench to each and every member!

Have an awesome Sunday, everyone, and Happy 13th Birthday, BiggerPockets!!

Daniel F. Harb, ARRT,RT(R)

[email protected] | 714‑470‑4152

I love that this site exists too, and I commend Josh for what I'm sure were (and still are) countless hours working on it.

I only have one complaint (sorry).  The site seems heavily slanted toward millenials, and to a lesser extent Gen-Xers.  I'm a little older, and I almost feel out of place here.  There are very few employees (at least the ones I see, on the blogs and the podcast) over 30-something, and most of the guests on the podcast are similarly young.  I mean look, I have nothing against young people, but give us old farts a little love too, eh? :)

Happy Birthday to the Best.Site.Ever!!

Cheers, Bravo!

This post has been removed.

Congrats! Even though I joined recently, this app has been an incredible resource. Great job, thanks for sharing the info and your success with everyone!

Thank you to the creators!!! Still new to this... but I wouldn't haven't any sense of direction or any idea of what avenue I wanted to take without bigger pockets!!! Real estate success thread imminent!

Congrats.. awesome site.. I am going to Isreal in a few weeks for a bar mitzah.. BP needs their own Bar Mitzah coming of age. !!

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

Congratulations to 13!  Long Live BP!

TX Agent # 680187

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you