what a joke i send 3 colleague request and get banned

3 Replies

i send 3 colleague requests to local members trying to reach out and connect with others and i get banned fom the private message feature for spamming!!! wth i thought the whole point was to reach out to others and network and build solid relationships? how are we supposed to do that without reaching out to other members?

I think it is just a quirk.....if you sent the Dame Exact Wording, it triggers a spam “detector”. PM or email support, they will restore it.

When someone receives an email or colleague request on Bigger Pockets, the person receiving it can mark it as spam.  So you might want to change the message you are sending so it is less spammy.

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353), and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)
(301) 893-4635

yeah i thought i would try to get away without doing all the typing and just copy and pasted a general message asking if they wanted to connect and talk more in the future, guess thats what did it, lol, i guess they want you to be a little more personal. im just so anxious to meet new people and get out there and make it happen i guess i was moving to fast, ill have to slow it down a bit.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.