Webinar: How to Buy Small MultiFamily Properties

Webinar: How to Buy Small MultiFamily Properties

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:00 PM Pacific, 7:00PM Eastern

Small multifamily properties can be one of the best real estate investment vehicles, especially for those who are fairly new to real estate.

That’s why this week Brandon, co-host of the BiggerPockets Podcast, will be dedicating an hour to this incredible niche. In this special LIVE webinar you'll learn how to find, analyze, and finance incredible small multifamily properties, as well as the dangers to be aware of before you make any offer!

Don’t miss this brand new webinar!

Sign up here to attend. 

Can't make it on Wednesday? Sign up anyway and get the link to the webinar replay emailed to you when the webinar is over. (Make plans to watch it soon, the link is only valid through Friday at Midnight!)

9Reply
112 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 13 votes
8y

I signed up for the webinar and I am excited to learn how to analyze these multi-family deals. Unfortunately, I will be taking my investors to some off-market properties around my area and will be missing the seminar at the scheduled time. How can I view the seminar at a later date and time?

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 5 votes
    8y

    Can't wait for this one.  Should be good info on this one! I run the Atlanta Multifamily Meetup for Beginners and Hustlers. I will be sure to let my members know about this one.

  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    I signed up for the webinar and I am excited to learn how to analyze these multi-family deals. Unfortunately, I will be taking my investors to some off-market properties around my area and will be missing the seminar at the scheduled time. How can I view the seminar at a later date and time?

  • Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Signed up and looking forward to my first webinar through BP. I am a first time real estate investor looking to get into my first property / deal and excited to learn a bit more about the fundamentals that I should be putting in place from the start. Thanks for putting this on!
  • Rental Property Investor · Oahu, HI · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    Looking forward to the webinar replay, since I won't be able to make it live to the webinar. As a newbie, I am most interested in investing in small multifamily properties where our family is going to be relocating within the next year, or thereabouts. Will be taking notes to begin implementing - plan to incorporate action steps into my 90 Day BiggerPockets Challenge.

  • Real Estate Agent · Hackettstown, NJ · Member since 2011 · 206 posts · 62 votes
    8y

    All signed up!

  • Lender · SAN JOSE, CA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I am actually looking forward to hearing some tips and hacks on this specific topic. I am currently looking for multifamily properties in the LA area. I am hoping/sure that Brandon can provide me some good tips/insight on this. 

    Looking forward to it! 

  • James NiemeyerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 60 posts · 36 votes
    8y

    Thanks Brandon. I never get tired of hearing the story of you buying that one property for your daughter's benefit.

    I'm glad I'm a pro member so I can watch it again. Oh and thanks for picking Tulsa for your example :)

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Just wanted to chime in and say that this was an AWESOME Webinar!  Props to Brandon for knocking it out of the park.

    I've been crunching numbers continuously since it ended....

  • Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 114 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    Wasn't able to make it to the webinar but would love to see the replay. Although I didn't make this webinar, I closed on my first multifamily deal last week and a significant amount of credit goes to BP for giving me the knowledge and the confidence! (also kudos to @Heather Binder - member on BP - who gave me the extra boost and coaching to make it happen!)

  • James NiemeyerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 60 posts · 36 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jessica Jay-Maleski:

    Wasn't able to make it to the webinar but would love to see the replay. Although I didn't make this webinar, I closed on my first multifamily deal last week and a significant amount of credit goes to BP for giving me the knowledge and the confidence! (also kudos to @Heather Binder - member on BP - who gave me the extra boost and coaching to make it happen!)

    Congratulations! If it wasn't for BP I doubt I would have bought any properties this past year.

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 32 votes
    8y

    Really liked how Brandon used a real property in the Rental Property Calculator. I can't get enough of Bigger Pockets. 

  • Jenine MaggioPro Member
    Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    Great webinar! This is the 2nd time I attended this particular one and it was so full of information and tons of new things to learn and research.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Is this webinar recorded ? Too bad i missed it

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    @Jessica Jay-Maleski and @Egemen Toprak . The replay link is  https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/2721623722353822984

    Make plans to watch it before Friday at Midnight, when the replay link disappears and goes into the Pro-Only Webinar Replay Room.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I missed this webinar. How can I get it now?

  • James NiemeyerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 60 posts · 36 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Akhlesh Gupta:

    I missed this webinar. How can I get it now?

    As mentioned in the post directly before yours: 

    The replay link is

    Make plans to watch it before Friday at Midnight, when the replay link disappears and goes into the Pro-Only Webinar Replay Room.

  • Real Estate Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Looking forward to this one!

  • Plano, TX · Member since 2018 · 48 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    Thanks to @Brandon Turner for taking the time to walk through this topic! Word of warning to the non-Pro's, it counted as additional uses of the calculator each time I went back to edit an input (price, rent, etc.).

  • Merrimack, NH · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    Listened to the webinar this morning and found it very helpful for newbies like myself.
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2011 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Missed the webinar but as an eau Claire, WI Realtor, I'm about to list a duplex in Altoona, WI WITH $1k a month income at  603 Loring/3511 Fenwick (two addressees because it's on a corner  and a front door on each street) $109,900 anyone int'd in more infor?    I can  property manage it locally here for you or I am soon working as a broker for a long term

    property management company in Eau Claire who is familiar with this duplex.  send me a msg if you want more infor.  1,534.59 was last years property tax...so very reasonable. 7152253111

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, VA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Newbie here - was wondering after I find an investment property should I get a business LLC and buy the investment through the business? I Keep reading about the possibility of the loan being due if you attempt to transfer the mortgage deed from your personal into the business. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    I have been following the blueprint that is talked about in this webinar. I listened to it on Friday. I utilized an FHA loan for my first duplex 8 years ago. Moved out within a few weeks/months. I could not get another property until i understood the value of OPM (OPM). I created notes and presented them to friends with money. They then invested in the notes and i used the funds to place 20-30% down on my past 3 multi unit properties. All of which are 4 or less units.
  • Realtor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 29 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    Hi @Mindy Jensen. Why are the webinar links only active for 48 hours after it ends? Would it be possible to have them available indefinitely such as a podcast recording so we can listen in when able? I missed this one - was really interested in it but now can't listen to it. BTW, I never received a link to listen later even though I had signed up...

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    @Benion Horton , the replays are available for Pro members as a perk of the membership. There is a Pro-Only webinar replay room that hosts the webinars. https://www.biggerpockets.com/proreplay

  • Wholesaler · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 32 votes
    8y

    Thanks! Just watched the replay. Josh awesome as usual.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.