Votes
Brian Kelch
  • Littlestown, PA
Votes |
BP closing cost calculator

Brian Kelch
  • Littlestown, PA
Posted Feb 24 2019, 06:48

Let me see if I can put my thoughts into words. I'm trying to calculate closing costs and get accurate numbers to find those "great deals", but i don't want to calculate some things twice. Doing my research, I've noticed that things like 1st quarter taxes and 1st year insurance are generally included in closing costs, as well as, inspections, appraisals, origination fees, etc.. So my question is, does the BP calculator take any of these into account when analyzing the deal? I know I can enter a closing cost, but if I add in  the first quarter taxes and the 1st year insurance, and then the BP calculator also does that somewhere in its algorithm, am I getting accurate numbers? What brought this on was that I'm looking at houses in the $100k-$150k range and closing costs seem to be anywhere between $3000-$8000, but watching the many podcasts and webinars, Brandon usually only put in like $2000. So is he lowering his CC for a reason? I'm on a tight budget, so a swing of $6000 in CC could really throw off my numbers greatly.