BiggerPockets is Back Online after 36 Hours . . .

37 Replies

Originally posted by Darryl Dahlen:
Man, you don't realize how much you miss a website until you can't access it! Glad BP is back online.

No doubt!

This feels a little like our first class reunion. We've (posters in this thread) arrived early and we're anticipating the arrival of our long lost friends. Start posting BP'ers!

Good to see it back up and running. This could all be a good subject for the investors here. It's a reminder of the need for a contingency plan, in case we go offline for a little bit.

I can't imagine the stress this must've caused you! It really pisses me off when I don't save my post and then it disappears and I have to start all over again. It has become much easier since I acquired this Dragon speaking program that allows me to speak the words instead of having to type them! It makes it much easier for an old fark like me. As others have said, welcome back. Rich

Great to see the site back up and running. I'm sure that Josh has had a frantic and busy weekend. Hope that the problem has been solved adequately and that it was not to costly to fix.

Glad you got us up and running again! Was feeling quite restless not getting my daily BP fix. Moreover was feeling responsible, as the crash was timed almost perfectly with my deciding to purchase a Pro Basic account. Sheesh.

On a more pragmatic note though... any way to get rid of the pop up that comes up ever time I pull up the main forum screen?

Once again Josh, I have to say you are incredible. I have never seen an owner/founder respond to a crisis like you did. I signed up the night before your meltdown and you responded to me personally and I might add not just once. You have my loyalty and respect. I look forward to learning here and in the future giving back what I have learned. Thank you.

Jesse Poll

@Jake Kucheck - Is the letter to everyone the pop up you're talking about? It should disappear after you leave the first time and never reappear.

@Jesse Poll - I learned early on that the best way to build your business is to give the best service possible. Especially in a time of crisis, giving your customers (users) information is the best way to keep people from getting angry at you.

That said, I did happen to get 3 really nasty emails from people who insulted and virtually spit on us, but their hate is a sign that we're making an impact. Sometimes when you're successful and stumble, the haters will jump on the opportunity . . . I just feel bad that people can live their lives so angry.

Anyway . . . thanks again for your messages and that of all our other members and friends in the real estate space.

@Joshua Dorkin - it came up multiple times, but I hadn't left the site in between. So like, it came up the first time, I clicked on this post to read it, clicked on the forums tab and it came up again. However, once I closed the site and then came back to the site, it didn't come up. Hope that makes sense.

Just a quick note to everyone reading . . . if you missed us while we were down, please be sure to support BiggerPockets.

Here's how:
1 - Check out those companies that advertise with us both on site and via our newsletter that pique your interest. Our sponsors help us keep this incredible site running for you.
2 - Consider donating to BiggerPockets. Your donations are always plowed right back into site development.
3 - Join us at the BiggerPockets Real Estate Investing Summit 2012.
4 - Tell your friends about our site via email and your other social networks.
5 - Share our articles, forum threads, and other content on social networks.
6 - Be an advocate. We need people spreading the word about this place . . . I can't do it on my own. Without your help, this site doesn't grow, the knowledgebase doesn't increase, the deal making and partnership opportunities don't exist. Please help advocate for this place in any and every way you can.

Thanks guys!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you