Podcast - Help me find an episode

6 Replies

Hi all! There was an (real estate) podcast episode with a guy in the Midwest that rented single family homes to folks with disabilities. The renter was not actually the tenant but rather an organization that facilitated homes for people that needed some assistance. Not to be confused with 'assisted living'. These are people with various degrees of daily living challenges that have a supervisor full time or part time in the home with them.

I do not remember WHEN the podcast aired but I do know that it was with Josh and Brandon. So at least as far back as Josh was hosting. 

I have searched and cannot find it. 

Anyone remember which episode it was??

Thanks!

Hi Mindy. Thank you for the prompt response. The podcast was actually not focused at all on assisted living (which is what is making it so hard to search for). It was a guy who built his portfolio from 0 to hero but for the life of me I cannot remember his name nor what the focus of the podcast was. But it was not assisted living.

The cool thing is that he basically developed a reputation and relationship with the organization in his area that places people in houses. So what he would do is find out what they needed, and then actually go out and buy the house that fit their needs and rented it to them. 

He was in Indiana or Ohio or Iowa or some Midwest State. I know that does not help very much. I will continue to search the archives ... I am pretty sure it is between episode 100 and 250 lol.

Thanks again for the speedy response and have a great week. 

Michael

ps - you do a fabulous job on the Money Podcast. Keep up the great work!

I am going through the podcast right now for the THIRD time and listening to one that apply and skipping others (I have a LOT of drive time and desk time :-) ) and heard that one too. I *think* it would fall somewhere between #50 - #115 or so if you narrow down and look at those descriptions. I do remember he is a midwesterner, so maybe those descriptions might mention states to help figure it out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here