NEW BOOK—House Hack Your Way to Financial Freedom!

85 Replies

The best real estate investing book I've ever read… The steps in this book are so practical and easy for anyone—with any income, living in any city—to follow.

Grant Sabatier, Author of Financial Freedom & Creator of Millennial Money

If you purchase a house hack by applying this book’s principles, you have an extraordinary probability of becoming a millionaire within the next ten years. Maybe five!

Scott Trench, CEO of BiggerPockets.com

The House Hacking Strategy is here, and we couldn’t be more excited!

When mastered, this tried-and-true strategy can save thousands of dollars in monthly expenses, build tens of thousands of dollars in equity each year, and provide the financial means to retire early. In fact, you can collect rent that completely covers your living expenses—and then some!

In this book, serial house hacker @Craig Curelop lays out the in-depth details to make your first (or next) investment a success. Discover why so many successful investors support their investment careers with house hacking—and learn from a frugality expert who has "hacked" his way towards financial freedom.

You can find the book in the BiggerPockets Bookstore. (And don’t miss the bonuses that come with the paperback and ultimate package…or the exclusive house hacking calculator that is included with every format!)

@Mindy Jensen House hacking is amazing! 

Everyone else, ask me anything and I will answer anything house hacking related. And I may or may not answer anything not house hacking related :). 

This post has been removed.

@Craig Curelop  Great episode today man!  You are a rockstar!  I'm still patiently waiting for my copy in the mail;)

If house hacking works for everyone including people with families, why do you think there is still so much resistance against it?  

It seems married people and people with children have the biggest objections based on my interactions of talking to my friends that fit those descriptions. They just can't get past living next to tenants, even when the numbers make sense.   

@Jeff White - Thanks Jeff! THank you for contributing as well :). 

I think people are unwilling to change their lifestyles or sacrifice even a little bit... even if it is for such a long term gain. The best way to convince the people who "can't" do it... is to do it yourself and lead by example. 

I've syndicated $40M of multifamily (about to become $50M), and I still house hack. My version is a bit more luxury than Craig's, but why pay any more for the mortgage than necessary, specifically if it doesn't require any compromise...

Definitely a great strategy for all. Good job, Craig!

Originally posted by @Craig Curelop :

@Mindy Jensen House hacking is amazing! 

Everyone else, ask me anything and I will answer anything house hacking related. And I may or may not answer anything not house hacking related :). 

Congrats it is a Great feeling/nerves once you know your book is coming out. Much continued success!

@Mindy Jensen PUMPED for this book!!!

- Listening to your first podcast the other day gave me a lot of clarification on House Hacking and I’m finishing up the most recent podcast right now!! The profitability vs comfortability aspect was key for me & I’m planning on my first house hack in 6 months. Thanks for the knowledge! @Craig Curelop

@Craig Curelop

I listened to parts of this episode on my way to work and it was an amazing one. I’ve been so hard pressed into looking for that perfect multi family that will cash flow in a B neighborhood. As you all know it is currently a sellers market and in New Jersey it is expensive.

My only problem I see occurring is when I try and rent the whole house outright. Will it continue to cash flow? And is there a legal lease in place for people renting rooms out? Do you need to purchase house in a younger town? which by me is a lot of poverty driven towns in D neighborhoods. Will this work in an older town? Great schools cheaper taxes but the average age is 42 years old. These are questions I keep asking myself if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thank you

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here