• Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
City Water &Sewer vs Septic and Well

Bill F.
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Jun 20 2017, 13:26

Hoping to tap into the vast experience of BP to get some real world knowledge. In my very limited research into MHP, specifically screening parks to make offers on, I keep hearing a number of successful park owners (Jefferson Lily BP Podcast #111, Kevin and Charles in their Podcast “MHP Investing” come to the top of my head) say they won’t look at any park with a septic or well. On the Marco level I understand the reasons for this; increased exposure to enormous repair costs make it a no brainer all other things being equal.

My question is, with more and more people entering the MHP space, will this continue to be a sustainable filter? With that I all being said I pose the following questions:

1. If you had to have one, would you rather have a well or septic and why? Which has the least risk?
  2. If you were buying a park with a well and septic what special type of due diligence would you conduct?
  3. What are the specific concerns with well and septic, above and beyond increased maintenance, that lead people to not even look at a park with one or both?

Thanks in advance for your help and input!

Loading replies...