MHP Academy vs MHP University

23 Replies

I have been starting my education into purchasing mobile home parks.  I've read quite a few books, listened to tons of podcasts, etc and am now thinking of spending some money and getting some more knowledge.  It looks like the next logical step is either Mobile Home Park Academy's online program or Mobile Home Park University's boot camp.  They are both fairly pricey so I wouldn't be in a position to justify doing both programs.  Has anyone been through both and care to share your thoughts?  If not but you've done one or the other let me know your thoughts.

Hi Paul.

I was faced with the same Q about 8 months ago.  I took the leap into MHP ACADEMY (kevin & charles).  A met a few people in the course that went through the University and they all said they are getting better, more current info with the Academy. For me, price was a concern too...but, I can say it's money well spent.  I have a few deals in the works now and many more to come.  I'd recommend the Academy. 

do both if you have the money. I have done them. Did them a couple years apart. Knowing both frank and Kevin bupp. They are both industry leaders in education  and you won’t be disappointed with whom you choose 

@Paul Bowers

Did Frank and Dave 4.5 years ago (have gone 3 times total to their bootcamp)   I think I'm on my 13th park deal at this point ( that includes all  buys , partnerships, assignments)..... 

Is that good proof that they know what they are doing there at the Mobile Home University:) 

Charles was at the first bootcamp that i went to :)

Originally posted by @Jami Lynn :

Can anyone tell me how either of those programs compare to John Fedro's course? His is the only one I've been aware of until I saw this thread.

Thanks!

John Fedro's course focuses on the individual mobile home investing. The Academy and MH University focus on mobile home park investing.

Originally posted by @Stephanie McAnuff :
Originally posted by @Jami Lynn:

Can anyone tell me how either of those programs compare to John Fedro's course? His is the only one I've been aware of until I saw this thread.

Thanks!

John Fedro's course focuses on the individual mobile home investing. The Academy and MH University focus on mobile home park investing.

Exactly.

@Paul Bowers

I attended Frank and Dave's boot camp the last 2 years. It is worth every dollar spent. A wealth of information and you get a tour of a few parks they own in that metro area as well, so its like 90% info and Q and A and 10% in the field. it was great. Hell, the networking alone from that was worth it.  I have not attended MHA but I've watched a few videos of Kevin. Cant say that its not informative by any means because it is. Just more familiar with MHU and Frank and Dave. Its like asking someone to time warp back to the early 90's and ask them if they saw Nirvana or Pearl Jam first and which one sounded more like the Seattle grunge movement and had more flannel T-shirts. .. . . . .

@Account Closed that is awesome results man. I'm still seeking my 1st park after graduating from doing quite a few Lonnie Deals in other peoples parks since 2009. Discovered Frank and Dave about 3 years ago and went so I am ready to make it happen. I'm going to revisit your pod cast and take a closer look at what your up to in the MHP space. If your open to networking lets chat.

@Mike G.  For sure, you can send me an email  i sometimes don't check BP inbox daily but will respond to PMs when I login thanks

Does anyone know if Kevin Bupp's Mobile Home Park Academy is even still available? I've reached out to multiple email addresses of theirs (no reply), and tried links on multiple of their sites (broken), and I cannot figure out how to purchase the academy.

Are they for sure still in business?

Originally posted by @Mike G. :

@Paul Bowers

I attended Frank and Dave's boot camp the last 2 years. It is worth every dollar spent. A wealth of information and you get a tour of a few parks they own in that metro area as well, so its like 90% info and Q and A and 10% in the field. it was great. Hell, the networking alone from that was worth it.  I have not attended MHA but I've watched a few videos of Kevin. Cant say that its not informative by any means because it is. Just more familiar with MHU and Frank and Dave. Its like asking someone to time warp back to the early 90's and ask them if they saw Nirvana or Pearl Jam first and which one sounded more like the Seattle grunge movement and had more flannel T-shirts. .. . . . .

@Jack Baczek that is awesome results man. I'm still seeking my 1st park after graduating from doing quite a few Lonnie Deals in other peoples parks since 2009. Discovered Frank and Dave about 3 years ago and went so I am ready to make it happen. I'm going to revisit your pod cast and take a closer look at what your up to in the MHP space. If your open to networking lets chat.

Lonnie deals that's a blast from the past..  !!! 

@Jay Hinrichs

I attended Frank and Dave's boot camp the last 2 years. It is worth every dollar spent. A wealth of information and you get a tour of a few parks they own in that metro area as well, so its like 90% info and Q and A and 10% in the field. it was great. Hell, the networking alone from that was worth it. I have not attended MHA but I've watched a few videos of Kevin. Cant say that its not informative by any means because it is. Just more familiar with MHU and Frank and Dave. Its like asking someone to time warp back to the early 90's and ask them if they saw Nirvana or Pearl Jam first and which one sounded more like the Seattle grunge movement and had more flannel T-shirts. .. . . . .

@Jack Baczek that is awesome results man. I'm still seeking my 1st park after graduating from doing quite a few Lonnie Deals in other peoples parks since 2009. Discovered Frank and Dave about 3 years ago and went so I am ready to make it happen. I'm going to revisit your pod cast and take a closer look at what your up to in the MHP space. If your open to networking lets chat.

Lonnie deals that's a blast from the past.. !!! 

It sure as hell is Jay!! Lol  Deals on Wheels was a great read. Lonnie was real good with math too lol

Anyone interested in going to Mobile Home Park University bootcamp this Feb. in Orange County, CA? It's $2000 each for single or $3000 for 2 people. PM me we can split the cost.

Cheers,

John

Frank & Dave are the 5th largest MHP owners in the USA, with ~40,000 lots, not sure how many Kevin's company owns. I attended MHU in January, it was excellent, as others have said, the networking alone was worth it.