What are some must have programs/softwares that real estate investors/agents/developers should be using?
A lot of Excel...
Then Quicken/Quickbooks as well. (streamlined accounting/bookkeeping)
Some TurboTax during this time of year
That's about it for me.
I use rentec and turbo tax. starting to get a little worried with the turbo tax, but so far no issues. I also use star analyzer to size up prospective deals
I can do most everything that I need with Excel.
Microsoft office(excel & word)- I create spreadsheet for just about everything. buyers list, leads list, wholesale calculator rental calculator, side-by-side ammortization reports, mail merge for mailing campaigns.
Photoshop- I create my own logo's postcard designs, ad designs,and use them for social media, backpage oodle, craigslist etc...
then there is the tax assessor site for my county and of coarse google! there is nothing I could do with out google.
After reading Brandon Turner's article on the top 10 mobile apps for real estate, I have integrated some into my business:
1) JotNot scanner to capture real estate docs with my smart phone. Great image quality and uploads to GoogleDrive automatically.
2) DigitalReceipts by Proximiant. Huge time saver, and never again will I put all my receipts in a shoebox. The app takes a photo of the receipt and allows you to categorize it (i.e. by property or type of expense).
3) CardMunch saves photos of business cards. A bit buggy, but it does the job.
4) Not on Brandon's list, but I've found it indispensible: a mileage tracking app to log vehicle miles for tax purposes. I use TMM.
...and one saved round: MagicPlan. Map a floor plan with a mobile device and publish as a PDF. I use these when advertising rental units.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!