How to win a multiple offer situation?

5 Replies

The Dallas market is getting very competitive and I would say the majority of my offers are in multiple offer situations. I was wondering if anyone had any creative ways to close the deal. While bringing more money to the table is probably the best way to win but then you have to deal with the appraisal. My thought were to cover more of the sellers closing cost instead of adding to the price might seal the deal. Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

The Dallas market is very hot at this time, and sellers are looking for cash buyers who can be closed with no contingency of financing and not a lot of weasel clauses...

Joe Gore

@Jason Kaufman - If you're talking about REOs, I have bought these in the past when someone else actually offered more than I did. But my offer was a cash offer with ZERO contingencies and a larger than normal earnest-money check. Another thing to do is to focus on the deals that are not getting so much attention. They are out there, but you have to look a little harder and dig a little deeper.

I am an agent and deal with buyers...not sure what kind of listing agents you are working with because they are obligated to the seller.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you