Help on How to Find Buyers for Turnkey Properties

Help on How to Find Buyers for Turnkey Properties

Stephen FisherPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 16 votes

Hi all,

Looking for some help or direction on how to find buyers for fully renovated and rented properties. 

I have been buying rentals in Kansas City, MO since April and have really enjoyed it. 9 SFR since April. The projects are either buy and hold or flips with a local contractor. The contractor has several crews and flies through the rehabs. It's impressive! Everything is new: plumbing, electrical, roof, HVAC, water heater, etc.


We have become friends and even partnered on some of the deals.  He recently asked if I wanted to help move some of the turnkey homes to investors.  I've been researching and hitting the ground running trying to find the best source for finding other investors who will buy turnkey, not distressed projects.  I've reached out to local turnkey companies, agents who work with investors, wholesalers, REITS, and have even gone down the rabbit hole of pulling lists of out of state cash investors investing in the area.  Haven't been at it very long, just a week.   


I know how to run numbers and invest, but this is very new to me.  Any advise or recommendations on how to find buyers, a target group to reach out to or lists for turnkey buyers would be greatly appreciated.

3Reply
118 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Toledo-MetroDetroit-Dallas · Member since 2022 · 122 posts · 71 votes
11mo

@Stephen Fisher, I think this is a very important topic that is not talked about enough. I'd be interested to know the answer myself! Theres so much information out there on how to buy right, but in this market we need to know how to sell right even more! 

I do like the idea of reaching out to agents and PMs, especially ones that you know are doing well in the market. Even if they ask for a cut, it's still worth it if they have a mailing list, for example, or even if they run ads on listings. 

Facebook Real Estate groups specific to your city might be helpful as many agents and end buyer are on there.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Toledo-MetroDetroit-Dallas · Member since 2022 · 122 posts · 71 votes
    11mo

    @Stephen Fisher, I think this is a very important topic that is not talked about enough. I'd be interested to know the answer myself! Theres so much information out there on how to buy right, but in this market we need to know how to sell right even more! 

    I do like the idea of reaching out to agents and PMs, especially ones that you know are doing well in the market. Even if they ask for a cut, it's still worth it if they have a mailing list, for example, or even if they run ads on listings. 

    Facebook Real Estate groups specific to your city might be helpful as many agents and end buyer are on there.

    • Stephen FisherPro Member
      OP
      Rental Property Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 16 votes
      11mo

      @Account Closed appreciate you taking the time to respond. Great info. I've offered a finders fee as I'm trying to leverage other people's contacts rather than running a full blown marketing campaign. I'd really like to exhaust that option before building out my list. I do like the PM idea! Appreciate you again giving some insight. 

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Stephen Fisher:

    Hi all,

    Looking for some help or direction on how to find buyers for fully renovated and rented properties. 

    I have been buying rentals in Kansas City, MO since April and have really enjoyed it. 9 SFR since April. The projects are either buy and hold or flips with a local contractor. The contractor has several crews and flies through the rehabs. It's impressive! Everything is new: plumbing, electrical, roof, HVAC, water heater, etc.


    We have become friends and even partnered on some of the deals.  He recently asked if I wanted to help move some of the turnkey homes to investors.  I've been researching and hitting the ground running trying to find the best source for finding other investors who will buy turnkey, not distressed projects.  I've reached out to local turnkey companies, agents who work with investors, wholesalers, REITS, and have even gone down the rabbit hole of pulling lists of out of state cash investors investing in the area.  Haven't been at it very long, just a week.   


    I know how to run numbers and invest, but this is very new to me.  Any advise or recommendations on how to find buyers, a target group to reach out to or lists for turnkey buyers would be greatly appreciated.

    Hey Stephen, sounds like you’ve built some really solid momentum in a short time, and it’s awesome that your contractor moves fast and does quality work—that kind of partnership can be gold. When it comes to finding buyers for turnkey deals, tapping into existing investor communities can be a huge help. A lot of out-of-state investors are actively looking for exactly what you’re describing, because not everyone wants to deal with the rehab process. Think about spaces like investor-focused forums (BP is a big one), Facebook investor groups, local REIAs in markets where prices are higher, and agents or turnkey operators who already have investor lists. A lot of people look at markets like Kansas City or even places like Columbus, Ohio because the price points still make sense and the cash flow is strong. Positioning these deals with clear numbers—purchase price, rent, expenses, cap rate—can make them attractive and easy to evaluate quickly. It might take a little time, but once you land a few solid buyers, word of mouth can grow fast in this space. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Stephen Fisher:

    Hi all,

    Looking for some help or direction on how to find buyers for fully renovated and rented properties. 

    I have been buying rentals in Kansas City, MO since April and have really enjoyed it. 9 SFR since April. The projects are either buy and hold or flips with a local contractor. The contractor has several crews and flies through the rehabs. It's impressive! Everything is new: plumbing, electrical, roof, HVAC, water heater, etc.


    We have become friends and even partnered on some of the deals.  He recently asked if I wanted to help move some of the turnkey homes to investors.  I've been researching and hitting the ground running trying to find the best source for finding other investors who will buy turnkey, not distressed projects.  I've reached out to local turnkey companies, agents who work with investors, wholesalers, REITS, and have even gone down the rabbit hole of pulling lists of out of state cash investors investing in the area.  Haven't been at it very long, just a week.   


    I know how to run numbers and invest, but this is very new to me.  Any advise or recommendations on how to find buyers, a target group to reach out to or lists for turnkey buyers would be greatly appreciated.


     file a reg d fund and raise capital from Indians in California 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.