Why are realtors so incompotent?

Why are realtors so incompotent?

Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 14 votes

Both buying and selling, I am baffled by the lack of basic communication skills and relationship management ability. The absolute lack of strategy, or vetting leads. I seriosly wonder why they think antagonizing tenants and other stakeholders in the real estate process is a good idea? That's not even getting into the used car salesman level lies they tell their customers to push them to a deal.  When I'm buying I can easily drop a realtor without a negative impact, but it's tougher when you're selling especially in a tenant occupied property.

I want to sell my property without a realtor. I get marketing calls sometime on my property, and they disappear as soon as they hear I am working with a realtor. It's a tough market. I'm being told investors are not willing to buy unless the cap rate is much higher than what is the norm for the market historically. Does anyone have solid advice on selling without a realtor without essentially dropping price so low I'd have to short sale?

4Reply
468 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo

The irony of you misspelling incompetent...

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.