Where does a Real Estate Agent get their leads from?

4 Replies

I'm not an agent but have a friend who is having trouble getting leads. What are you guys all doing, are you getting them through paid traffic to a website? Through flyers? Is there some service that provides the leads for $x per lead?

I know no one wants to give away their secret sauce, but I am just curious where agents are finding leads nowadays. His website is [REMOVED]

I continue to get snail mail flyers from several of the main listing agents in my area.

Eric,

The game is based on how many people you can touch, with that being said your friend can pay for a software called redX that will allow you to get the phone numbers of most fsbos and expireds. You call these people with your services. You might also want to volunteer to hold Open Houses for other busy Realtors. Market those with flyers and open house signs as well as electronically and keep the leads that come to visit. Hope those techniques are a good start.

I have to agree with @Andre Key in that it is all about how many people you touch. I am in sales by trade, not real estate, but industrial instruments and I had a close friend and previous boss tell me when I was first getting into sales that "sales is a contact sport." I think this applies to selling anything. The more people you know, meet, talk to, etc., basically the bigger your network the better you will do.

The agent of Real Estate takes commission of any deal of buying and selling the property. So, He earns high amount from this business.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide