First Rehab?

3 Replies

I'm trying to close on my first rehab using hard money. The lender will give up 60% to someone on the first deal. The loan will be approximately 95k but he states that I need to come up with 35k. I didn't understand this number since the 95k would be around that 60 percentile. He explained that I will pay no payments during the six months but he collects his interest, insurance, and taxes on the property for one year up front. The interest rate will be between 12-15%. I've never worked with hard money and wanted to know if this is common. Thanks

I've never seen that in my borrowing nor in any of the numerous hard money email advertisings I receive. With that being said, it's not surprising to hear of someone being creative and/or seeking more security. My only concern would be paying so much upfront. In my market stuff moves fairly quickly. I'd be expecting a refund from my lender on a deal like that. It would be important to know this lender is reputable...

He's very reputable but I heard that's just how he does business. We will sit down and talk numbers eventually. Much of that is refunded but it appears that he wants to be set if he has to take it over. If I do go this route this time it would be the last. Thanks for the input.

I found a new lender. LOL

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here