Need help with selling a timeshare

7 Replies

I know that probably a timeshare doesn't exactly qualify as a "property asset" but from what I understand some people actually like these things and have some use for them. I happen to "own" one and would like to not "own" it anymore. So if someone out there in the BP community is interested just let me know. Or if anyone has had any experience in transferring ownership of a timeshare and could give me any advice on how to go about doing that, it would greatly be appreciated. By the way the timeshare is at a place called Vacation Village at Parkway, literally 5 mins. from the main gates into Disney World in Orlando Fl.

Sell it on ebay? Seems to go for about 1500 and according to a recent ad it may cost you about 1000 to transfer it.

I think people who don't own them sometimes want them and have a use for them, until they own one, then the tables are turned. You will most likely take a loss on this. As Leigh said, try Ebay. The heck with the cheese, let me out of the trap. Good luck.

I inherited a timeshare a couple of years ago. It was difficult to sell, but I sold it on redweek.com. Good luck!

That brings up a great question. If you inherit a timeshare can you refuse to accept it? Its really a liability rather than an asset. Same for underwater homes.

This post has been removed.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.