Toledo ohio

12 Replies

I'm looking closely in the 43605 zip code in Toledo. Im from the Ann Arbor about 40 minutes north of the ohio border. Any info on this area in relation to buy and holds? 

Also, I've heard about flood insurance policies in Toledo. Is this an area where that is typically required?

Originally posted by @Dakota Cooley:

I'm looking closely in the 43605 zip code in Toledo. Im from the Ann Arbor about 40 minutes north of the ohio border. Any info on this area in relation to buy and holds? 

Also, I've heard about flood insurance policies in Toledo. Is this an area where that is typically required?

Hi Dakota,

43605 is a rougher area.

I always like to say that in these areas the key to success is having a property manager that caters for the class of tenant and location.

Most things they do are different and not by the book. For example: rents need to be collected by door knocking.

Thanks and have a great day.

Hi Dakota, I own several rentals in 43605. Engelo is correct, 43605 (the East side as it's called) is rougher. It is a great rental area, but one that is best handled by an owner/operator. Property managers don't do well in areas like this because it does require more hands-on as Engelo mentioned. PM's don't get paid enough to be motivated to do what has to be done in areas like this.

If you decide to move forward with East side rentals, make sure to stay around the outside of the zip code. The area near Oakdale and East Broadway is good (stay west of E. Broadway, the neighborhood to the east of E. Broadway is not good). Also, the blocks near Waite High School in between Kelsey and Ravine are good (I think that's the 100 & 200 blocks).

Good luck!

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now
Originally posted by @Pyrrha Rivers :

Dear @Engelo Rumora and @Ryan Pyle  I commend you for your generosity in guiding @Dakota Cooley  on his search with such clear actionable steps.

You're both quality guys!

Pyrrha

No problem at all Pyrrha,

Happy to assist.

Everything I know today is due to asking experienced investors thousands of questions. There were a certain few that I hounded so often they were happy to assist me without charging me for their time.

I promised myself to do the same as much as possible moving forward.

Thanks for your kind words and have a great day.

Originally posted by @Brian Corbett :

Engelo Rumora what areas of 43615 do you suggest and why? I am currently occupying a duplex off airport in 43615 and renting the other side. I want to dive deeper into real estate investing. Any advise is helpful, thanks

Thanks Brian,

Please email [email protected] and we can schedule a time to speak via phone.

Happy to share my opinion.

Thanks and have a great day.

Promotion
Ashcroft Capital
A national multifamily investment firm
Three Reasons Investors May Prefer Real Estate
Read three reasons why investing in real estate private placements may provide several advantages.
Read More Here