I'm new to real estate investing and am really excited about the prospects of it! my question(s) are about the general actual transaction of the deal...say for finding a motivated seller, making an offer and buying the property.
1) would you guys recommend i have an agent on board to do these types of deals? i have read that one of the biggest errors a new investor can make is to not have a team (agent, broker?, etc).
2) if not, how do i physically go about the transaction? (contract, escrow, title, closing, etc?)
Miles your post is way too vague.
Are you buying residential, commercial??
Are you buying a 1,000,000 property with 25% down or looking at a 100,000 property??
Are you buying to hold as a rental or are you trying to assign or wholesale?? Do a rehab flip and resale??
I’m interested in residential flips and rentals for now. Not too knowledgeable about wholesaling yet.
Is the price of the deal relevant? I understand that the agent will get a percentage of the sale, so obviously it’s a factor. But for the sake of actually conducting the transactions, does an agent make this process easier or is it a simple enough process to do on my own.
As I sit here and think about it, I don’t even know how to initiate the buy, present the contract forms, and close. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
You should absolutely use an agent if you are buying on the MLS.
Not buying on MLS, I'm talking about approaching a motivated seller and "solving all their problems". Would an agent come into play here?
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.