Seller reneging on signed deal

4 Replies

I have a signed deal on a property. 

Closing date 22 April 

Inspection 17 April 

Purchase price  193k

repairs 150k

Arv 490k

I signed on Tuesday and they haven't responded to any phone calls. I have looked into legal options and have called numerous times. 

What is the standard response in this situation? I know that I made mistakes that I can correct for the next time but I wound line to correct this one now.  My next move is to go to their house. 

I assume there was not an agent involved.

How about filing the purchase agreement and sending the seller notice after it is filed.

Sounds like they found a better offer.

Don't give up.

We have no idea what your contract says about default on the seller's part, if it addresses it.   Your contract may or may not call for your ability to seek specific performance, and in the absence of that, or even with it, most of us do not know the Canadaian laws, if that's where it is.

@Bob B. @Wayne Brooks Unfortunately, in order to file it in the land registry I have to waive all conditions on my end which includes an inspection that I have not yet been able to perform. I have no idea what seeking specific performance means.

I did not realize you had not done an inspection yet.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.