a shout out to Columbus, Ohio

9 Replies

a shout out to Columbus, Ohio.

Where are all of the Real Estate Agents that can do the job of a RE Agent.  UUUGGGHHHH!

Ok. shouting did not make me feel better. ... and... 

still in search of RE Agent to work with. 

I've been investing for 4 years but only became an agent in December.   I'm more then happy to talk about your needs If you're interested. .. but the reason i got my license was for the same reason you're yelling so i think i understand ;)

Hi Debra and Joshua! I lived in Columbus in 2004. While I was there we bought 6 rentals with the intention of selling in 2009. Every one of them is mortgaged. Fast forward, we still own the properties because the values have still not recovered. The rent covers the mortgage payments except when tenants move out in the middle of the night leaving thousands in damages :/ Any advice? TIA

Originally posted by @Julie Underwood :

Hi Debra and Joshua! I lived in Columbus in 2004. While I was there we bought 6 rentals with the intention of selling in 2009. Every one of them is mortgaged. Fast forward, we still own the properties because the values have still not recovered. The rent covers the mortgage payments except when tenants move out in the middle of the night leaving thousands in damages :/ Any advice? TIA

Where are your rentals located?

John, three are in Alkire Park near Georgesville Road & 270, one is in Galloway on Star Spangled Place. The other two are in Powell, but we have my two adult step-daughters living in those and "somewhat" covering the mortgages which is ok with me.  All of them are rented with very good long term tenants except one in Alkire Park. It is a two bedroom two bath ranch style end unit with a two car garage. It rents for $950. I was thinking about considering a Rent to Own, which I have no experience with. We tried to sell the house in Galloway 2 years ago. We listed with a realtor at $99,000. Dominion was selling new builds down the street for $129,000. We got one offer of $89,000, but passed, and put another renter in it who has been a very good tenant, thank goodness.

Originally posted by @Julie Underwood :

John, three are in Alkire Park near Georgesville Road & 270, one is in Galloway on Star Spangled Place. The other two are in Powell, but we have my two adult step-daughters living in those and "somewhat" covering the mortgages which is ok with me.  All of them are rented with very good long term tenants except one in Alkire Park. It is a two bedroom two bath ranch style end unit with a two car garage. It rents for $950. I was thinking about considering a Rent to Own, which I have no experience with. We tried to sell the house in Galloway 2 years ago. We listed with a realtor at $99,000. Dominion was selling new builds down the street for $129,000. We got one offer of $89,000, but passed, and put another renter in it who has been a very good tenant, thank goodness.

Thanks Julie for the info, if you can't find a buyer on the MLS I wouldn't be able to get close to that price for an investment property.

Originally posted by @Debra Leeson :

a shout out to Columbus, Ohio.

Where are all of the Real Estate Agents that can do the job of a RE Agent.  UUUGGGHHHH!

Ok. shouting did not make me feel better. ... and... 

still in search of RE Agent to work with. 

Debra, maybe you should explain what you are wanting these realtors to do before you complain about agents not doing what agents should do.  I think most would agree with me that your strategy is not one that many licensed agents would want to work with.  I would suggest you getting your licence and making your own offers.

John No worries. I had renovated it (again) and was trying to sell it to an owner/occupant. I'm not trying to sell it anymore. I've had some nightmare tenants in the past, but I currently have very good tenants in all the rentals except one (the condo on Bashan in Alkire Park). Hopefully I'll get lucky with the next tenant, and we'll ride out the market :) 

John Horner, 

I did explain what I wanted and ask each one if they felt comfortable with that, Followed up with email & phone call request to place bids. They were either unable or unwilling to place a simple bid.  Three week, three re agent. zero bids place.  

Week four, re agent #4: I explain what I wanted and ask him if they felt comfortable with that.  We looked at properties that day. Bids were placed the next day.  YEA! That is just what I wanted.  

After the frustration of it taking ONE MONTH to place one bid ... well ... let's just say I have a whole new appreciation and respect for the good RE Agents that can do the job of an RE Agent.  Will not be taking this man for granted. 

Who knew shopping for an agent would be difficult.  I missed three deals due to bids not being place. Happy knowing I can now go forward with my goals . YEA!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.