This 2 Unit duplex might be my first deal!

2 Replies

Hey guys, I am new to this website and to REI in general but I have always had a desire to get involved and I have made the decision to get started and take massive action. Ive been listening non stop to the BP podcasts and I read Brandon's book twice this week. What a wealth of information. It has inspired me to get started and make my first move by acquiring a rental property. At the moment I don't have a large amount of cash to put down on a property yet. I have decided to really focus on finding "owners will finance deals" to get started building some positivity cash flow.

However, I just recently came across a 2 unit duplex has just become available on my street and I am very interested in obtaining it! The asking price is $21000. I believe that I can rent it out for about $650/M It is a bank owned HUD property and it does need some work done to it! But I think that it has great potential. I had a realtor friend of mine let me in to have a look at it yesterday. It needs quite a bit of painting done on the inside as well as some plumbing work, a new counter top in the kitchen. The water heater will prob need to be replaced too. Over all the property looks like a money maker. I am willing to do most of the painting work myself to save costs on hiring out!

If any of you guys have any advise on direction that I should take or next steps, I would really appreciate the insight. 

Thanks for reading my post. first one by the way! 

@Philip W. Good luck!  I also sat around wanting to start investing for years before BP lit a fire under me.  Sounds like it's time for you to take action!  

Originally posted by @Kevin Siedlecki :

@Philip W. Good luck!  I also sat around wanting to start investing for years before BP lit a fire under me.  Sounds like it's time for you to take action!  

Thanks @Kevin Siedleckit  Good luck to you as well. I wish you the best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here