Putting in offers

1 Reply

my wife and I found a vacation/ over night rental cabin in Pigeon Forge TN. What there asking is below market value. I had to get my numbers from square footage because comps in an area like that is not easy and there hasn't been a sale since the beginning of the year. And input would help. The average is 110.00 a square foot and there selling for 80 a square foot. Plus all furniture is included. They were asking 199,900 I offered to 185,000.00 it has been on the market a whole and I think they put it low to start getting people interests again because it was well over priced before. The agent told me another person put in an offer as well. I thought it was odd since it's been on the market a while, I didn't know if I was getting squeezed. So I up offer to 187,900. Now there telling me that they want is to give us our best bid without a counter offer from them. Does this sound fishy to anyone? Any advice would help

Thanks in advance

I live in the area. Moved here last year. Tell them $185,000 is your offer and the seller can accept, reject, or counter. If the realtor would not submit your offer for $185,000 then he is not acting legally. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.