Putting in offers

1 Reply

my wife and I found a vacation/ over night rental cabin in Pigeon Forge TN. What there asking is below market value. I had to get my numbers from square footage because comps in an area like that is not easy and there hasn't been a sale since the beginning of the year. And input would help. The average is 110.00 a square foot and there selling for 80 a square foot. Plus all furniture is included. They were asking 199,900 I offered to 185,000.00 it has been on the market a whole and I think they put it low to start getting people interests again because it was well over priced before. The agent told me another person put in an offer as well. I thought it was odd since it's been on the market a while, I didn't know if I was getting squeezed. So I up offer to 187,900. Now there telling me that they want is to give us our best bid without a counter offer from them. Does this sound fishy to anyone? Any advice would help

Thanks in advance

I live in the area. Moved here last year. Tell them $185,000 is your offer and the seller can accept, reject, or counter. If the realtor would not submit your offer for $185,000 then he is not acting legally. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.