Quick question

4 Replies

So when I do my driving for dollars, I do in fact notice some houses that I believe could be potential investments. My only dilemma is I am kind of unsure as to how to track down the owner of the property. If anyone would share their method of finding the homeowner of a house that they saw, that would be great. Thanks!

Look at your local property appraisers website and type the address in that will give you the owners name and in cases like down here in south Florida it gives you their actual mailing address

Rod Desinord, Real Estate Agent in FL (#SL3255845)

Am not an expert on this but here are possible first steps:;

Dont just drive by, When you see potential candiate property, stop and ask questions from the neighbours, search the net for the last transaction on the property, visit the county office for available city records..etc. You will most likely get a lead.

Even a simple search on zillow for the address will give you the last sale and agent that made the sale.....

My one cent

If someone is living there, knock on the door and inquire about the property. If it's vacant, I would talk with the neighbors and explain that you want to fix up the property and increase their home values. If they know the owner, they will gladly give up all of their information!  Otherwise, go the property appraiser route and Mail a letter. 

Thanks all. Ill try my best to apply this.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you