Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Rebecca LeBrun
  • Florham Park, NJ
Votes |
Is it possible to be a real estate agent part time?

Rebecca LeBrun
  • Florham Park, NJ
Posted Aug 27 2015, 10:51

I currently work a full time 9-5 job and lately I've been considering going into real estate as an investor.  I'm considering buying and flipping houses or just renting them out, however there's just so much to learn and I'm afraid to take the next step prematurely.  I'm a newbie and I don't feel like I know enough about the industry which is why I thought about getting a real estate sales agent license so that I can learn the industry and make some money selling houses in the long run.  Eventually my dream would be to quit my job and do real estate full time, but I still need a source of income to take care of my personal expenses ( rent, bills,etc..) so I won't even think about leaving my job.  I'm also open to doing both Real estate and keeping my 9-5, because I really don't mind it.  My dilemma is, would it be worth it to get my license and be a sales agent part time?  Although I work Mon-Fri 9-5, my job is pretty flexible where I can take outside cals and speak with customers.  Only thing is, I wouldn't be able to meet anyone or show houses until after I leave work, however I'm fully reachable.  I look at this as a great way to learn about the industry and potentially make some money on the side while learning.. I'm not looking for  a way to get rich quick.  I just need a plan so I can finally start making my way into real estate investing. Thoughts please?

Loading replies...