• Sandwich, MA
Votes |
Offer accepted...then problem....

Kaylee Shrammy
  • Home Stager
  • Sandwich, MA
Posted Oct 23 2015, 11:12

Hi everyone! 

We put an offer in for a house which was listed at $945,000... we were countered several times with the lowest the "seller"  was willing to go at $915,000.  Let me also state that we are using the same agent as the seller (not my choice, my husband picked him... ugh), and this guy also LIVES in the house next door, his house is basically the same house as the one we are looking at. 

We had the home inspection last week, and a pretty bad mouse infestation was found in the house.  We did our due diligence and had 3 contractors look at the part of the house that needs to be gutted etc, getting quotes from all three.  The average of the three quotes for the work that needs to be done is $88K.  We gave this information to our realtor, who then presented it to the seller so we could negotiate the price.  The seller just said no, they are not willing to negotiate the price down or remedy the situation...

The mouse situation was not disclosed to us when looking at the house, they actually advertised the house as being "move in ready" and "pristine"... 

The whole situation is just eating away at me, I think the realtor/neighbor is a scumbag,(sorry, its just my personal opinion, and I'm usually spot on when reading people) and he is counseling the sellers to not want the house to sell for cheaper because it will make the value of other houses in the neighborhood, (its a real snooty neighborhood) which includes HIS HOUSE, go down.  He's also the only realtor selling any property for sale in this neighborhood.. 

Aren't the seller's suppose to remedy any situation like this if it wasn't disclosed?  They are just flat out saying "no" to negotiating credit or fixing it themselves and I really don't think the realtor is being fair to us! 

I'm not set on this house, I don't love it and I could care less if we get it... but my husband loves it...so this is the situation we are in.  Are the sellers the ones who are responsible for the remedy of the situation if the problem was never disclosed?

Loading replies...